Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best burger sauce ?

Options
  • 13-08-2011 2:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

hello all. I make my own minced burgers but I am looking for the best burger sauce that tastes as close as possible to the mc donalds brand taste.

does anyone here know where I can purchase the best sauce for the burgers in dublin supermarkets ?. thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I don't know about the ordinary burger sauce in McDonald's, but Thousand Islands salad dressing mixed with mayonnaise tastes the same as the Big Mac sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

zenno wrote: »
    hello all. I make my own minced burgers but I am looking for the best burger sauce that tastes as close as possible to the mc donalds brand taste.

does anyone here know where I can purchase the best sauce for the burgers in dublin supermarkets ?. thanks.

M&S have a burger sauce simply called burger mayo. Its as good as I have tasted anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

1 spoon of Frenches Mustard.
    2 Spoons of Helmans Mayo.

T'is tastey!

(You can add paprika too for colour)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

cheers folks for the info, I think I will try Thousand Islands salad dressing as it got good reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

i think it was hellmans had a 'burger sauce' in a squeezy bottle, exactly the same as the McDonalds sauce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

i think it was hellmans had a 'burger sauce' in a squeezy bottle, exactly the same as the McDonalds sauce

they did indeed, hellman's burger sauce was the real deal but you can't purchase that anymore as they have discontinued the product a while back supposedly because of bad sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

Ballymaloe Country Relish is very nice I think, its a tomato base so its a little like ketchup but with spices etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

ketchup and mayo mixed together with a little garlic powder :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

settings wrote: »
    Ballymaloe Country Relish is very nice I think, its a tomato base so its a little like ketchup but with spices etc.

He wants Big Mac sauce... not relish :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Yeah, the Hellmann's Burger Sauce was spot on! Pity they don't sell it anymore.

I was in Eurasia recently and saw that they have a shelf with all sorts of fast food sauces like BBQ, garlic mayonnaise and I am nearly sure, orange-coloured "Burger Sauce". I think this could be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

zenno wrote: »
    I think I will try Thousand Islands salad dressing as it got good reviews.
    I prefer the hellmans thousand island over their old burger sauce. I also thought their burger sauce was almost identical to the bigmac but there was something not quite right, and when I actually did a proper side by side comparison they were actually quite different, (I did this several times! I used to live beside a mcdonalds and was trying to find something to add)

The other thing I would add is gherkins, I prefer to finely chop them up and mix through the sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

January wrote: »
    He wants Big Mac sauce... not relish :eek:

Oh im sorry, I didnt mean to offend anyone with that. I thought the little bits in it wouldn't of made a difference on account of the toppings on the burger.

At least I can be the boy who put 'that which shall not be named' on his burged and lived to tell the tale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

gebbel wrote: »
    M&S have a burger sauce simply called burger mayo. Its as good as I have tasted anywhere.

I have this and its very good. Its not identical to the bigmac sauce but its worth a try imo

"Creamy mayonnaise with tomato and gherkins"

s0whu1.jpg

Advertisement