Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The story behind MTVs 'Bridge and Tunnel'

Options
  • 13-08-2011 4:07am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

VERY long read, it offers a very interesting insight into "reality" tv, the contracts the "stars" sign are utterly SHOCKING! :eek:

They literally sign all rights away, for years after the show ends!!...it's gob smackling horrific the sheer scale and clauses, everything you could fathom is included. MTV spent millions on this and bizarrely never broadcast any of the 12 eps. they shot.

I'd never watch such utter trash like this, it makes Jersey shore look classy!....but the article is well researched and a very interesting insight:

http://www.villagevoice.com/2011-07-27/news/mtv-bridge-tunnel-original-jersey-shore/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow when you say long read you understated it every so slightly :D

Edit:
    The Situation gets a mention in this too, he was supposed to be in it. I know very well in either jersey shore / the hill or what ever tripe they show most of the stuff is set up and as far from reality TV as Eastenders etc but this opened my eyes even wider. I knew MTV was evil but this sinks then to the depths of depravity.

The original idea for the show sounded good, and all MTV wanted was hot tubs etc and now we have Jersey Shore.

Also read this as it was linked to in the article http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/08/mtv_real_world_contract.php Shocking , and more shinking that someone would sign it !!!!!!!!!!!! You couldn't make that up if you tried.

This was priceless "While you're on the show, you're responsible for all long-distance phone charges"

Advertisement