Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scrap metal merchant in NCD

Options
  • 13-08-2011 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

I am getting a new tank, the one I have is copper and I know is worth a few bob, about 50 plus euro as least.Is there anywhere in NCD that buy them?Thanks,Cathy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Greenclean, @ Blakes Cross, buy scrap metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭liptonvillag

cathy01 wrote: »
    I am getting a new tank, the one I have is copper and I know is worth a few bob, about 50 plus euro as least.Is there anywhere in NCD that buy them?Thanks,Cathy

Worth 50 euro ? Just about I'd say. Today price for scrap copper in Galway was 4.20 per kg. That's a drop from last week. Price fluctuates. dublin may give better price. Considering the tank is 9-10 kg and depending on the day you should get anywhere from 38-45 euro. That's my guess of the weight. I could be wrong and its a lot heavier or lighter either way. Put it on a weighing scale so you will know the weight yourself. Phone the scrap metal merchants and get the price per kg before you load it in the boot and drive down there.

P.S Let me know what you get for it as I'd be interested in what you get/got for it and what the weight of it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Hi yas, I went to greenclean and they gave me €40 for it.So I was glad I did.
    Thanks for the help,Cathy

Advertisement