Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVGA Classified and Corsair Ram Upgrade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Well the motherboard supports socket 1366 CPUs. From what I've seen around here you'd want to be going for a socket 1155.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

1366's not much good :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

bombs away wrote: »
    1366's not much good :confused:
    the 1155 i7 beats it at almost every task.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I'ld say stick with what you have for now and wait till the Ivy Bridge cpus come out next year and you can upgrade then.

Also later this year the extreme edition of the i7 sanybridge processor will be coming out with a new 2011 socket which is going to be more of a successor to the 1366 socket than the 1155 socket. So you might wanna wait out for that too...

If not anything the i7 2600k will probably get cheaper when the new processors come out.

Unless you're thinking on sticking a Xeon on the 1366 mobo...

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭trev179

I'd agree the 1366 is coming to the end of its run though the fastest now i would advise you hold out till next year or go with 1155 that will be around for a good while:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

Thks for the advice guys, might just go for one of the 1155's, hell of alot cheaper that what I was thinking about getting.

Anyone recommend a website, was gonna go with scan.co.uk but if there's a better alternative I'm open to suggestions ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

People here love hardwareversand.de but they only take bank transfers and its German.
    But it is quite cheap and people here say their service is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

People here love hardwareversand.de but they only take bank transfers and its German.
    But it is quite cheap and people here say their service is good.

Very reasonable in my experience anyway, no problems, paying with the bank transfer can be offputting but they are reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Personally unless you NEED the extra 20% CPU power, I'd wait for socket 2011. By all accounts it'll destroy anything that's currently available.

Advertisement