Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunfanaghy and surrounds

Options
  • 13-08-2011 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Heading up to Arnolds hotel next weekend for 3 nights with the better half and the mother in law. Just wondering any recommendations for nice restaurants in the area, will be driving so anywhere within an hours drive would be ok. Any festivals on over that weekend or any particular places/sights worth a visit? The outlaw is from Ardara so will be dropping in there, may pay Nancy's a visit.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

Resturant wise, I'd say The Cove in Port Na Blagh is nice but if you want a real treat try the Mill ( but might be difficult to get a table, can be very busy ).

Drive wise, I can highly recommend Glenveagh, well worth it, aprt from that, just head out by the west coast towards Bloody Foreland, beautiful scenery.

One other thing, if you get a chance and not worried by a wee boat trip, a day trip to Tory Island is well worth a vist also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Ards Forest Park is well worth a visit, Horn Head Drive is also spectacular. Arnolds Hotel has very good food, the Oyster beside it does decent pub grub, and if you want dinner with a great view, go out to the Shandon Hotel at Marble Hill, a few minutes from Dunfanaghy towards Cresslough on left

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

You have loads of choice for good food in Dunfanaghy and surrounds. I've tried them all, apart from the Mill and almost always got good food and service.

My favourite is the Cove - I've always had a good meal there - It's good for a treat.
    Arnolds food is also good although I find the restaurant a little formal however they also serve food in the bar. I ate in Molly's bar last summer and it was excellent also. I think they have food on again this summer.

For brunch both muckinmuffins and starfish are good, and an chistin does a decent fry.

The Oyster is under new management this summer - I haven't tried the menu but plan to this weekend.

In terms of things to do I recommend lots of nice walks - 2 blue flag beaches, Ards forest park, the walk to Tramore beach, Ards friary etc. If we're going for a drive we tend either to head for the Atlantic drive at Downings, Hornhead for a short one, or Bloody Foreland round to Bunbeg. But mostly I just chill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

If you and your other half aren't old and crusty, surfing up there is quite good and they have lessons and what not available.

Advertisement