Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Retail Shop

Options
  • 13-08-2011 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

I am in the early stages of putting together a business plan with regard to opening a sports shop (both retail and on line).

Three of us are coming together to try and make this work.

Can anyone tell me the mark up on a sports jersey that retails for between €50-€60?
    If anyone has any experience and are happy for me to PM them I would be very appreciative.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

The_Banker wrote: »
    I am in the early stages of putting together a business plan with regard to opening a sports shop (both retail and on line).

Three of us are coming together to try and make this work.

Can anyone tell me the mark up on a sports jersey that retails for between €50-€60?
    If anyone has any experience and are happy for me to PM them I would be very appreciative.

Ring the manufacturers/ distributors of the sports gear.

Also i'm sure ringing up any sports stores will also find you this answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 suarez9

The banker, if you can source products il sell them from my website for you win-win.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

General mark up I've found, and it's a very rough guess, but take the whole sale figure, add the VAT and multiply by 2.

I have a feeling with jersey's and licensed items that have a minimum price you can sell for hence why you don't see cheapjerseys.com etc. They are €60 in every shop because every shop has to sell them for €60.

Advertisement