Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment Protection Insurance

Options
  • 13-08-2011 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have payment protection insurance which I availed of with my mortgage in 2006. This was to cover 60% of my mortgage for 12 months if I was made redundant or out of work due to injury.

I was made redundant and this 12 month insurance payment came and went.

Im now six months into an interest only arrangement while still paying the insurance on top (approx €150)........

Surely I shouldn't be paying this as I'm still out of work???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Check the terms and conditions. You would not have had to pay premiums while you were out on claim but i would imagine that to keep the policy going you woud continue to pay. If your out of work and have used up your claim for the period, you need to ask yourself if its worth continuing with the polict at all.

Advertisement