Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Question

Options
  • 13-08-2011 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi,

Im paying 29% tax on my wages, should I be paying that much?? Im on a working holiday visa have been here now for 15 month so have another 9 left and will be in the same place for that length of time so after looking it up on the tax website I am a resident for tax purposes. I ticked that box on the tax form when I started my job but still getting charged 29%.

My taxfile number that I got when I original landed says im a non resident do I need to get this changed or do I just pay this amount when im on a working holiday visa??

Any help would be appreciated as ya would be earning me a few hundred dollars more a week....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Have you done your tax return for the most recent tax year?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭me1724

No have sent off for it yet wait to get details back from the farming work I did... Why??

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

When you lodge your tax return declare yourself a resident for tax purposes and you will get taxed at the correct rate. You should be refunded the extra tax you paid throughout last financial year.

Advertisement