Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long beep pause, long beep HP pavilion

Options
  • 13-08-2011 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hello all,

Just a quick question on my pavilion slimline s3811uk desktop, It's about 2 years old and never had any trouble till yesterday. Had it on the morning and then it froze, I left it for a few minutes and still no change. I held down the power button for 5 seconds which shut it down but switching the unit back on gave me a long beep(15+ sec) pause (10 sec) and keeps repeating this cycle. I removed the memory 1x2gb and 1x1gb swapped them round still the same. Removed them altogether and got the short beeps for no memory. I tryed removing the leads to the ata and sata drives and still the same. I'm looking at replacing the motherboard next, seen a refurbished one on ebay for £60.

Or should I try something else before I buy?

Kind regards,

Anthony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

Hello all,

Just a quick question on my pavilion slimline s3811uk desktop, It's about 2 years old and never had any trouble till yesterday. Had it on the morning and then it froze, I left it for a few minutes and still no change. I held down the power button for 5 seconds which shut it down but switching the unit back on gave me a long beep(15+ sec) pause (10 sec) and keeps repeating this cycle. I removed the memory 1x2gb and 1x1gb swapped them round still the same. Removed them altogether and got the short beeps for no memory. I tryed removing the leads to the ata and sata drives and still the same. I'm looking at replacing the motherboard next, seen a refurbished one on ebay for £60.

Or should I try something else before I buy?

Kind regards,

Anthony
    Check the manual. It should tell u what that sequence of beebs means and go from there.
    U may not need to buy anything so its worth exhausting all avenues first.

Is everything seated properly on mobo? Have any cables come loose etc

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭caspermccormack

All nice and tight, and well cleaned down with air gun. Can't put my hand on the manual but got a code index on the web but doesn't list the fault I have. Same fault as below.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JE_2foHOCl4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't have the video card!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭caspermccormack

All nice and tight, and well cleaned down with air gun. Can't put my hand on the manual but got a code index on the web but doesn't list the fault I have. Same fault as below.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JE_2foHOCl4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't have the video card!

New motherboard sorted out the problem, 80 euro.

Advertisement