Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kate Middleton "recycling" clothes!

• 13-08-2011 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

I'm so sick of hearing this statement!

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20517911,00.html

The girl has come from a background where wearing clothes and washing them is the done thing, shock horror!

There is too much focus on the fact the she wears her outfits more than once, like us normal people!!

If she was to buy a new expensive outfit every time she walked out the door, the British taxpayers would have something to say about it.

What do yiz think? Do you think, as a royal, she should be wearing new clothes every time she steps out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Ridiculous... never mind that she's showing what a grounded, down to earth girl she is in what are extremely hard times for many of her subjects, but what if she just really likes certain clothes and likes wearing them more than once.

I'd be pretty peeved if I bought something I absolutely loved but was told I could only wear it the one time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I guess they have to find something to write about. There's nothing much else is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 KezzieKa

I think it's great she wears things more than once. A bit of normality for once.

Although, wearing an outfit from 2 years ago to a wedding is madness, not for a royal - for anyone. Weddings are an excuse to splash out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

KezzieKa wrote: »
    Although, wearing an outfit from 2 years ago to a wedding is madness, not for a royal - for anyone. Weddings are an excuse to splash out!

I would imagine she didn't want to upstage the bride.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 KezzieKa

ElleEm wrote: »
    I would imagine she didn't want to upstage the bride.

Pity it had the opposite effect so.

• Advertisement

I suppose she couldn't win whatever she did.
    All eyes were gonna be on her anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,979 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Tbh...i've never understood the need to wear a different outfit everyday, sometimes two or three outfits a day, Imogen Thomas is deadly for this...everytime she's papped coming out of her house it's like a fashion advert.

And shoes......BLOODY SHOES!!!!!!!!!!......why do girls need 100 pairs of shoes??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

I think she is great, seems nice and dresses lovely all the time. If she recycles clothes good on her - makes me like her even more to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 alvinphee42

Kate looks cute but needs a little more meat on her. Eat Kate, can't be that hard with all the money you have.

Your Belfast lad, Alvin Phee.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I think their usage of the word "recycling" is completely ridiculous and just designed to evoke a reaction. Recycling is what you do with something that you throw away. Idiots. I'd "recycle" the chin of the person who wrote that article.

You know, I don't like to be gender specific but, sometimes I think certain females buy into the "precious" lifestyle a lot more than males. You know, like they won't wear it unless it cost at least €100+. And they somehow feel "superior" when they are just throwing money away.

Pippa Middleton's booty reign's supreme!

"It’s been said that Kate must have sanctioned it in the full knowledge that it would showcase Pippa’s fabulous figure, deep tan and glossy hair to perfection on the world stage."

http://theamerican.ie/her-royal-hottness/
    Pippa-Middleton-royal-bridesmaid.jpg

Read it or wrote it????

And of COURSE she "sanctioned" the dress. It was her wedding! I doubt any bride only sees the bridesmaid dress at the church!! And of course she wanted her sister to look her best. It would take a right b!tch not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Booty? That is not a booty, that's a flat arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 edwardrich01

i don't have any words to express...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

On the topic of wearing clothes more than once, that's something I notice about UK soaps as opposed to American sitcoms - you're far more likely to see characters wearing an article of clothing more than once. I like it, it's a subtle touch of realism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

On the topic of wearing clothes more than once, that's something I notice about UK soaps as opposed to American sitcoms - you're far more likely to see characters wearing an article of clothing more than once. I like it, it's a subtle touch of realism.

It's better for continuity when the same clothes are worn, and less likely for an actor to be wearing two different coloured jackets or whatever, in the same scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Avena

Well...

Its looking very nice...Its really speechless.
    The white dress is giving the fresh look to her...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Cami_Cato

Larianne wrote: »
    I guess they have to find something to write about. There's nothing much else is there?
    Totally agree;) I love kate, she's so stylish in her classic suits. Never vulgar, always elegant - she is a princess!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jensennhook

Don't judge her it is indeed good that she doesn't change, i mean she remained humble and plainly simple:pac:

Don't judge her it is indeed good that she doesn't change, i mean she remained humble and plainly simple:pac:
    Yeah, she doesn't seem to be superior like she is a star or smth like that, she seems to be really simple and her smile is amazing;) I like her more than her sister -Pippa:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Cami_Cato wrote: »
    Yeah, she doesn't seem to be superior like she is a star or smth like that, she seems to be really simple and her smile is amazing;) I like her more than her sister -Pippa:p

I don't think she'll be very happy with people telling her that she's simple.:o

:pac:

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I don't think she'll be very happy with people telling her that she's simple.:o
    well i don't mean simple like boring but simple like not haughty:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 shellyhowell

Very bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 crystalclear6

I like her. She is elegant and dignified always. I love the lace on the wedding dress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Kate makes the clothes not the other way around. A classy and elegant and stylish young lady she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭annettesayz

its not ridiculous, not many celebs actually recycle their clothes so the fact that kate does, its inspirational

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Isn't Kate (or Catherine) now the Duchess of Cambridge? She hasn't been Middleton for a year now!! ;)

Advertisement