Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No UPC broadband in Chapelozid?

• 13-08-2011 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi

i was on the upc website there, and did the check for availability of services in a specific area.

it seems that only digital tv is available in chapelozid, no broadband or home phone services are available.

can anyone confirm?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Being worked on this year so ask when it goes live

http://www.upc.ie/media/2011/1/13/2011BuildPlanV13.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Hi Sponge Bob,

yeah i rang them twice but no answer.

can you recommend an alternative provider?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

To check if your area is been upgraded call UPC Network Upgrade Dept. on 1800 940 420 or email networkupgrade@upc.ie

According to their website they will be adding your area very soon http://www.upc.ie/customer_support/network_improvements/ I would suspect this will be soon as they have recently upgraded Carpenterstown which is only down the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'm in Chapelizod and we've had broadband for over three years. Full range of UPC services and the broadband is getting speed upgrades

But this is up by the pitch n'putt and while it may be Chapelizod I'd imagine we get services from Ballyfermot
    Must be different in the village

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

who_ru wrote: »
    Hi

i was on the upc website there, and did the check for availability of services in a specific area.

it seems that only digital tv is available in chapelozid, no broadband or home phone services are available.

can anyone confirm?

residents in Kingshall in Chapelizod were given flyers in the door to the effect that broadband & telephone would soon be available from UPC
    Contractors have been digging up the footpath around the Mullingar house, with signs saying "working on behalf of UPC"
    so the Pheonix PArk end of Chapelizod will have these services very soon..
    for the rest of chapelizod, i've no idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭tooth*grinder

Living in the area my self, I feel your pain OP. Upc are the ones digging up all the footpaths etc. I got a flyer in the post at the end of July saying that the full range of UPC products were going to be available within 12 weeks which put it at the end of September.
    Until then I'd advise to hold on as there's no one else that'll get you broadband - eircom are awful (when I signed up the max i was able to get was 640KB!) this was due apparently to the nearest exchange being in Plamerstown so any service that uses eircom's 'network' is not going to work for you (vodafone, magnet etc...).
    If you're stuck o2 have pretty good coverage in Chapleizod and a pre pay dongle should tide you over till then...
    (UPC is available, as mentioned earlier, in the Steeples but that's more Ballyfermot than Chapleizod and covered by that roll out.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

The amount of fibre UPC have been installing in Chapelizod recently is incredible. You can notice it nearly hanging out of each building on St Martins row. Large thing yellow shielding at each end. UPC confirmed to me, that it will be ready by October (3 weeks ago), having said that I wouldn't be surprised if its sooner. There is stop and go roadworks today, which appears to be installing a new lamp-post

OP here - just to update on this issue.

emailed UPC network upgrade and they have confirmed that they expect to release broadband services in Chapelozid, (St. Martin's Row) at the beginning of October provided there are no major delays with the contractor, which they do not envisage.

nice one. I wonder is that just martins row or will other places in Chapelizod get it sooner, did htey give you any indication?

if you email them you specific address they will get back to you. that's what i did.

networkupgrade@upc.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

any updates on this folks ? UPC seem to have gone very quiet in the village at least. Just wondering if theres a better idea now, of when the golive will be ?

They seem to be doing alot of digging and work up on Chapelizod hill now.
    I'd say they're going to have to shut down the main intersection south of the bridge at some stage soon enough to join the trench they've dug down the old lucan road, the one down the hill and start one going down st Lawernce road (not to mention go over the river) - that should be a fun few hours to try get through Chapelizod...
    Hopefully the go live date will be the month's end as promised..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 daze25

I live in ballyfermot on an avenue of a total of 17 houses. For the last 6mths 6 of these homes have had the full services of UPC including internet and phone. I called and was advised the remainder will be upgraded in Oct 2010, this never happened (they gave this timeframe as I reported them to advertising standards as they were claiming it was available for all of ballyfermot in their ads/flyers). Another agent basically told me that they "misjudged" the cable lenght that they put underground therefore did not reach the remaining 10 homes and that there is no plans to fix this! To be honest I dont think he meant to give me that info as he then tried to back track

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭eager tortoise

just moving to the area...did upc broadband ever become totally available in Chapelizod? We were told last week that it was literally a few days away from becoming available

just moving to the area...did upc broadband ever become totally available in Chapelizod? We were told last week that it was literally a few days away from becoming available

Seems to be available all over the village now yeah. We got it in there in November (apparently less than 12hours after it was activated :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 4 daze25

I have not seen any work being done there in weeks and I drive through twice a day. Never believe what they tell you it will just wind you up

Advertisement