Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camelbak - how does one get rid of the disgusting taste ?

Options
  • 13-08-2011 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭

I have a new camelbak, which was rinsed out copiously before first use last week. When out running I got a funny taste off the water, but I put it down to the ice cubes that I put in. But I tested some of the cubes from the same batch whenI got back and they were OK.
    Yesterday I got Milton sterilising fluid and sterilised the bladder, but still the same taste this morning. It's like TCP (or TCP/IP as I once asked for in a pharmacy, much to the delight of my missus :o), so I presume it's actually the taste from the bag...

Is there a good way to get rid of this taste ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I wash mine with ordinary washing up liquid and only use the milton if I've left stuff in it for a while and cultures are on the verge of taking hold. I don't have a problem then with funny taste.

Lol at TCP/IP, I've said that at home myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

rec-accessories-cleaning-tablets-waterfall-blue-large.ashx?mh=575&mw=441

I bought some in Snow & Rock Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

thx lads. I'll try both suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Baking soda aka bread soda, bicarbonate of soda is good, you can stick it in your fridge to absorb smells. Scholl also sell it in small containers to get rid of smells from runners -at about 20 times the price as it is in the baking section for the exact same chemical!

Advertisement