Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Repairs - Swords

Options
  • 13-08-2011 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

So my laptop decided to stop working on me the other day and I am looking for some one to bring it back to life for me.

Any recommendations of a computer fixer upper around Swords?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

PC world have a repair centre, but can take the laptop for weeks.
    What exactly is wrong with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

It died. Won't turn on. I think it is possibly the battery.

I've been told to stay away from PC World. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Larianne wrote: »
    It died. Won't turn on. I think it is possibly the battery.

I've been told to stay away from PC World. :cool:
    If it's the battery it will work off the mains, if it doesn't work off the mains it's not the battery.

If it's the battery there is no point in leaving it in to a repair shop, just get a battery from a similar laptop and test.

Yeah, I tried working it off the mains. Not working. :( Damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Larianne wrote: »
    So my laptop decided to stop working on me the other day and I am looking for some one to bring it back to life for me.

Any recommendations of a computer fixer upper around Swords?

Thank you.

There is a Pc repair place in the N1 Business Park, Swords, Dublin, Ireland. Its on the Dublin Road just opposite the Texaco garage.

Hope that helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Are you sure the cable hasn't died and you've subsequently drained the battery so it's completely dead? Are there any indicator lights on it to show it's working? If there are, does the charging light or any other lights come on the PC when you connect it?

I think it's the battery as it now works from the mains.

So new questions, where do I get a new battery for a Sony Vaio?? :cool:

Batteries ain't cheap. Can you borrow one first to make sure?

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Batteries ain't cheap. Can you borrow one first to make sure?

Yeah, I've heard that. Are all Sony Vaio batteries the same? :o

I dont know, but I doubt it. The viao has had a couple of iterations at this stage so I'd imagine there are a couple of types.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

You could try RepairServ Ireland www.repairserv.com/
    Phone number 8135301. Assuming you've a problem with your Sony Vaio, I found them online through the Sony wesbite as a authorized service centre. I'm having problems with my Sony Vaio too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Contact Brian at Ashbourne PC 087 0516208

www.ashbournepc.com

He will collect, fix and deliver, good price too.

He resurected my PC last week, when it died, got everything recovered, and it works great

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

I have a 4 year old Macbook thats slowing down,processor nearing its end methinks and I'd like to get a new one put into it..whats the best option here?..do PC world or a PC repairman?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

DID swords have a PC repair service now - no idea how good/bad they are or price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I have a great guy who will collect it from you, check it out and then call you with the price before he does anything with it. Then delivers it back to you. Have referred lots of people to him and they are all very happy. Let me know if you want his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

bastados wrote: »
    I have a 4 year old Macbook thats slowing down,processor nearing its end methinks and I'd like to get a new one put into it..whats the best option here?..do PC world or a PC repairman?

Bump

Advertisement