Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scamware Removal

• 13-08-2011 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭

I posted the following in the laptop forum earlier:
    Can anyone explain to me what an out of date AMD SATA Controller means? After I switched on my laptop today i got a pop up saying the above. Everything else is in date. When I clicked onto it, it is saying I need to pay €30 to update it. Is this the case, or are there free downloads available?

It was suggested that it could be scamware. I'm now wondering how can scamware be identified and safely removed (as cheap as possible hopefully). I have a lot of college work on the laptop but luckily it is already backed up. The last time I tried to restore my laptop an important driver was deleted by accident so if possible I'd like to stay away from restoring if at all possible.

Comments

Advertisement