Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The difference between Mock Results and Exam results. Survey.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Name=X
    Mock results:95
    Exam results:560
    Change:465 / 489.5%
    Increase

I'm almost certain this isn't genuine. I'll be deleting this entry by the end of today if no one posts here to validate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

405 in the mocks to 455 in the real thing.. went up in every exam except japanese..

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cabbage kid

Low 200s in the mocks (not exactly sure because I purposely tried to forget it :P)

455 in the real thing and hoping for one or two subjects to be bumped up slightly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Name=X
    Mock results:95
    Exam results:560
    Change:465 / 489.5%
    Increase

I'm almost certain this isn't genuine. I'll be deleting this entry by the end of today if no one posts here to validate it.
    It's very unlikely to be, unless for some reason they missed most of their mocks or something. More likely though either a mis-entry or a troll. In any case it's a complete outlier which is just going to skew things.

It's very unlikely to be, unless for some reason they missed most of their mocks or something. More likely though either a mis-entry or a troll. In any case it's a complete outlier which is just going to skew things.
    Agreed.

Considering no one has validated it yet, i'll delete it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Digits wrote: »
    Pre: 445
    Real thing: 555
    Fair play to you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I think the LC reform is very much needed mine was in 08 I don't remember my mock results except I failed higher business and got a B+ in the lc

Your points are relative to what you need not how high they are, It tells me nothing about your type of intelligence

I didn't fare so well in the finals but in college with exams and essays I got A's and B's coming from constantly scraping D's I think I was just bored in school.

Anywho I think the scoring reform would be help reduce the proportion of uni drop outs if you're exams tested more than mostly information retention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 ToodlyWoodly

I did my LC in 2008. Got around 330 ish (can't remember exactly! have managed to block it out :D) but failed HL maths. Got 395 in the real deal (and an A1 in OL maths!). Was disappointed in myself but in the end its eventually got me where I wanted. Finished my 1st year of Nursing and got a 1st class honours :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭fearbainne

Mocks.. 310
    LC... 455

increase % - You do the math!

Think mock result gave me a serious fright and sorted me out, anyone else get that kinda kick up the arse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭fearbainne

Finished my 1st year of Nursing and got a 1st class honours :D:D

Wow thats unreal! Congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭conorod

fearbainne wrote: »
    Think mock result gave me a serious fright and sorted me out, anyone else get that kinda kick up the arse?
    I think a lot of people did. I got it for one subject in particular, and went from a D3 (I think - 40%?) to an A2. Was usually doing better than that though, just got complacent. Overall I went from 480 to 525 so delighted :D Lots more than I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Miss Brightside

Mocks: 525
    LC: 530

Delighted cause I thought it would've gone down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

Mocks: 525
    LC: 530

Delighted cause I thought it would've gone down :D

Haha I got the exact same in the mocks & LC! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ozzz

Maths A2- A2

Chemistry B2- A2

Biology A2- A1

Spanish B1- A2

Ag. Science A1- A2

Business A2- A1

Accounting D1- A2 :D

Total: 535 to 560. Happy enough but feel I could have done a lot more.

It's an extremely common question. Do people generally speaking go up or down in points between the Mocks and the actual Exams?

I don't know and neither do most people so i've taken the liberty to create a survey to see what the general trend is. Just enter how many points you achieved in the Mock and how many points you achieved in the real thing and the spreadsheet will do all the rest.

Regardless of when you sat your LC you're welcome to participate. Repeats should put in all sets of results and not just their best.

Survey form
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dGE0ajFfdk5heFB6R2FaU1lXendBeEE6MQ#gid=2

Data and Statistics
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjdswhIupxjadGE0ajFfdk5heFB6R2FaU1lXendBeEE&hl=en_US

Feel free to share the survey.
    In advance of the LC Results tomorrow, i've re-opened the survey. I had plans to modify the spreadsheet to account for the bonus points for HL Maths but on reflection decided it would be best to leave it out entirely so that the data would all be comparable.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. If last year is anything is to go by, you're far more likely to go up than go down in points from the mocks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

Might bump this . . .now that everyone has the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Got 400 in the pre's then I got 435 in real thing, not much of a jump but ah well.. I know a few people who got exactly the same as in the pre's actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Added mine in, my grades jumped around a bit but with the maths points I still got 530/530 - as per the survey I entered it as 520/520, funny how that worked. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭conor93a

Mocks 180, Leaving Cert 335

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lavidabonita

I went up 70 points...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Mocks 260, Leaving Cert 325.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Great idea/thread/survey. I'll put in my details tomorrow when I'm on the laptop. Went up 140 points. 370->510.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Went up 280 including bonus points!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭sheao

I went up by 100 points from my mocks :D .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I was planning on making a thread on this. :P
    I went up by 35 points.
    I'll edit my post with my exact change in results tomorrow. :)

Don't forget to post in the survey. Posting in the thread is well and good but don't forget to add your results to the survey too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I was wondering why the points people said they got in the survey were lower than I remembered, then I saw that bonus points weren't included >_<
    But yeah I went up 50 (er...I said my name was Hello)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Namlub wrote: »
    But yeah I went up 50 (er...I said my name was Hello)
    You must find that you're always in great demand! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Sure didn't Lionel Richie dedicate a song to me and all. Unfortunately, it was not him that I was looking for...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I went up 15 points, 545 to 560, not including bonus points.
    Some individual grades went down though, for example I dropped a grade in maths and two grades in English. :(

Advertisement