Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The difference between Mock Results and Exam results. Survey.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Defygravity

Went down! 465-440. Down two grades in both English and Irish, devastated!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dreamer...

finality wrote: »
    I went up 15 points, 545 to 560, not including bonus points.
    Some individual grades went down though, for example I dropped a grade in maths and two grades in English. :(

individual grades went down and went up from 540 to 560 really disappointed with individual grades particularly eng which i dropped 3 grades in :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Went up in all of my grades and went from 290 to 430. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lauz94

I went from 490 to 540 :) Didn't get to include the extra 25 in higher maths though because it was my lowest grade and with the 25 added on it gave me the equivalent of my second lowest grade! went down from a1 to a2 in both french and biology but went up in english,irish and geog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

I went up by 45 points, improved in every subject except two which were the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Mocks: 410
    LC: 545

Went up by 135 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I went from 505 in the mocks to 535, including bonus points. I went down a grade in Maths, stayed the same in English and went up in everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Mocks: 330
    LC: 545

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Mocks: 500
    L.C: 525

Went up in everything but Business, Economics & LCVP. Went down 2 Grades in Business and stayed the same in Economics/LCVP.

aX6Zc.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'm including the maths bonus points.
    Mocks: 520
    LC: 575
    :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mathstalk

E in the Mocks Physics, A1 in the Leaving Cert exam. I take great pride in knowing that my teacher will probably use me as a motivational story for future mock-failures.

I also went from a B3 in the Mocks French to an A1 in the Leaving, but that's not as amazing :D

Another story: My Maths teacher gave us an exam during a double class before Christmas, covering the entire course. I couldn't get one single answer; failed with flying colours! Lowest score in the class. He approached me and asked "what's going on?" I said "sorry sir, I'll start working now." Got a B3 in the mocks and bumped that up to an A2 in the final exam.

It's never too late to start working. You may learn more in 11 hours of cramming than in the entire year.

***EDIT***

All Higher of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

including the maths bonus points i went from 480 to 565, i went up in every subject somehow :L the highest jump was from a D1 in maths to a B2..

I agree with the above post, cramming is effective in my experience :L but along with learning for class tests and stuff throughout the years

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

I failed maths in my mocks (I was a waster who did nothing all of 5th year and beginning of 6th year). Had 280 points.

Went up in everything except buisness & Geography.

Got 430 in L.C including extra 25 points for maths.

Got a D2 in Mocks for buisness with no study done... i mean nothing.... Got a D2 in L.C with some study done... shambolic.
    Got a B3 In geography with no essay done... got a B3 in L.C with essay done and more study (I think).
    C3 in Economics.... Not great... May be getting rechecked.. felt I got a C1.
    C2 in Maths.... would have been much higher only for 5 very silly interpretations of 25 markers....(Totally wrong methodoligy) I'l accept that.
    B3 In English... Messed up My comparitive badly an didn't get to finish a 50 marker in Paper 1 and didn't even start the 25 mark unseen poetry... I'l accept that.
    B2 In History.... Not very happy camper but then Unlike most I didn't get to regurgitate my pre-prepared essay's ... only Montgomery Bus Boycott so I had to improvise everything... pretty confident If the L.C wasn't a memory test I would have an A. ( Didn't even get to start the India 40 marker so 10 % of the paper immediately gone)

Two Ordinary subjects.... B2 In german which I am very happy with and a D1 in Irish which I am delighted with! Just passed :D

But yeah... I had a very unlucky L.C.
    In Geography I also had to improvise alot... and well with Business I have been robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 J.new

Mocks: 330
    LC: 445

Went up by 115. Still in shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭annettesayz

I went down 15 pts ... =(
    Found the mocks WAY easier than the LC!, It was More predictable..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

biohaiid wrote: »
    I was planning on making a thread on this. :P
    I went up by 35 points.
    I'll edit my post with my exact change in results tomorrow. :)

So, heres the exact change in grades (top 6 only, all HL)
    Irish B1-A2
    English B3-B1
    French B3-B1
    Geography B1 (stayed the same)
    Home Ec A1-B2 (Do not understand this ..)
    Biology C1 (barely, 65%)-B1.
    So went from 475 to 510.

Happy overall, bit disappointed with Home Ec but going to get it viewed, maybe I went stupidly wrong or misread something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭justBlake

I've removed the invalid entry.

Sorry for the delay, i've been a bit busy.

Edit: I'm surprised at how large some of the increases are. Someone went up 225 points or in other words 204.5%! Very impressive.

that was me :o really dont how tbh:/ i didn't do that much study between mocks and LC:/ like seriously i only studied the week before the LC:P

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I went up 85 points from my mocks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Up 200.

350 --> 550

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Melissa_Sarah

Up 80points. 370-450
    Didn't do one bit of study(Obviously wouldn't advice that!)But you pick up a lot in class in the last few months:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 SD021

Went up 55 points from 520 to 575. All that hard work :L

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

Went down 90 points... Still have no idea how!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Survey re-opened again for 2013.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

Up from 490 to 570.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I went up from like 435, to 460! Not too much at all. I even went down in grades in a few subjects! :P

Maths (OL) - B2 in Mocks/A2 in LC
    Irish (HL) - B3 in mocks/B1 in LC
    English (HL) - A2 in mocks/C1 in LC
    Biology (HL) - B3 in mocks/B3 in LC
    Chemistry (HL) - D3 in mocks/ C2 in LC
    Accounting (HL) - D3 in mocks/ B2 in LC
    Economics (HL) - C2 in mocks/ C2 in LC
    French (HL) - A2 in mocks/ B1 in LC

So I went down in 2 subjects, French and English but that was expected as I didn't like those papers.
    I stayed the same in 2 subjects, biology and economics, which I also expected.
    And I went up in the other 4 subjects. My favourite was Accounting, from 41% to a B2 .. Not bad! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I only went up 5 points, from 575 to 580.

I was expecting to drop about 20 points to be honest, so this was a welcome surprise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

415 to 490

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

English A1-A1
    Irish A1-A1
    Maths C3-B2
    Spanish A2-A1
    History A1-A1
    Biology A1-A1
    Chemistry A2-A1

580 - 605

:)