Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Laoightre Fishing

Options
  • 13-08-2011 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭

Thinking of fishing of the pier in Dun Laoighre.

Anyone got any advice, tips or information for a relative n00b?

Is it possible to do it at night? Is there sufficient light?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

I always fished here when i was a chap....
    The end of the west is best
    Bring some feathers to......
    For night fishing try killiney beach
    Loads of dogfish !
    Thinking of fishing of the pier in Dun Laoighre.

Anyone got any advice, tips or information for a relative n00b?

Is it possible to do it at night? Is there sufficient light?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

fisherking wrote: »
    Loads of dogfish !

Is there anywere to camp around killiney?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Not sure
    The beach?
    Bono could give you digs for the night !

byrner88 wrote: »
    fisherking wrote: »
    Loads of dogfish !

Is there anywere to camp around killiney?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

go to bullock harbour durin the day rent boat 2o quid an hour and head right towards the islands and stop in between we went yesterday 3 of us and managed to get over 120 mackerel a few codling and pollock oh and a seal he took the mackerel off my rod and my mates the b**tard :mad: go when the tide is starting to come in aswell

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

East Pier has Lamps but none on west pier.Night Fishing does go on.Check weather.No toilets.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Just wish whoever is fishin' off the end of the West Pier would use the bins provided at the lighthouse railings, I jog down there regularly and its left in a filthy state with cans, bottles, plastic bags, stale food etc.., lying on the ground. Its not much to ask that people tidy up when they're done. Makes it a pleasant experience for everyone.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭delsalmon

Gridlock wrote: »
    Just wish whoever is fishin' off the end of the West Pier would use the bins provided at the lighthouse railings, I jog down there regularly and its left in a filthy state with cans, bottles, plastic bags, stale food etc.., lying on the ground. Its not much to ask that people tidy up when they're done. Makes it a pleasant experience for everyone.;)
    unfortunately gridlock, there are a minority of chav fishers, that give the majority of responsible decent anglers a bad rep, education on litter disposal, catch n release etc is lost on these few, leaving the rest of us locked out on some fisheries, unfortunately theres always bad apples...

Advertisement