Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slayer *borderline sale

Options
  • 13-08-2011 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

just been to town today borderline temple bar are having a closing down sale
    25% off everything .i picked up a copy of slayers vinyl conflict they got 25 copies of it .goin for 100 euro great bargin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Sad to hear Borderline is closing down.
    Sign of the times I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Don't mean to be cynical or anything but those Closing Down signs have been up a number of times recently and disappeared and come up again.
    Not sure is it true that it is closing down/had to in the past and survived or is it a tourist trick given the footfall in the area.
    Obviously I don't wish anything bad to happen to this shop and hope it stays open, but am not entirely sure it is closing down...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Any ideas on when they are actually closing cos i hope to get up to dublin this week and buy some new vinyls. Was their many other bargins in Boarderline? Its gonna be such a shame to see it going,such a great store for vinyl

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

hmmm they poped a flyer in with my purchase. .

which basicaly says we are defo moving out of here but will have the stall accross the road every sat and sunday maybe. they have a facebook also which you can get an email for mail order.and less rent and no vat means cheaper prices .

id say they will be there a liitle while yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

If it definitely is closing down it's a sad thing, I got my very first Frank Zappa CD in there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

That place is great, always pick up a vinyl when i go in there.
    Are you sure its a closing down sale? They always seem to have sales going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Haven't been in Borderline in years. Spent much of the early 90's wandering between Sound Cellar and Borderline and collecting 12" picture discs and limited editions. Remember buying the original Live ****:Binge & Purge box in Borderline and they allowed you to put a deposit on it as it was so expensive.

Must take a wander in soon for a good nose around.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Thanks for this. They are selling some of the albums off indivdually too for a tenner (Decade of agression for €15). Also got some Maiden picture discs for a tenner a pop. Happy days.

Advertisement