Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going to UFC 138 in Birmingham Nov 5th

• 13-08-2011 4:49pm

Have plenty of mates that like MMA but not quite to the same degree as me so was wondering if we could get a group of us who fancy going to UFC 138. Need to act soon before flight/hotel prices go through the roof.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

i want to go to this. totally dependant on whether or not i can get tickets though

Tickets are the easy bit. Just sit refreshing on Ticketmaster until they are available. Tickets are for sale for UFC event on Oct 1st so shouldn't be too long. Need to arrange how many and what price range beforehand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I might be going, provisionally booked a hotel but won't decide wil much closer if I'm going or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭KeithReilly

how much do tickets usually cost?

Are they not near impossible to get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

how much do tickets usually cost?

Are they not near impossible to get?

Usually start around £45. Presale codes will be available online before, isn't usually too difficult to get them, especially as the card is weak (but should still sell out).

• Advertisement

If we can get a group of us we can book tickets all together.
    Never had an issue getting tickets for anything if you are there when the sale starts.
    Flights are about €70 at the minute. Hotel about €40 each. Bound to go up though.
    Leben vs Munoz will be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭KeithReilly

Usually start around £45. Presale codes will be available online before, isn't usually too difficult to get them, especially as the card is weak (but should still sell out).

WHereabouts do they be online, is it on the UFC site itself?

it will be linked from there, yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Left Hook

I was looking at getting a bus there and back. I have done it before with football games.

how long a journey would that be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

If we can get a group of us we can book tickets all together.
    Never had an issue getting tickets for anything if you are there when the sale starts.
    Flights are about €70 at the minute. Hotel about €40 each. Bound to go up though.
    Leben vs Munoz will be great!

Good idea but you will always get people that say they are going but when it comes to paying out the money it's another story. Only way it would work is if you got the money up front and I don't think a lot of people would hand over cash to someone they have never met. Best thing to do is to buy your own tickets, meet up with the lads that are going in the airport or in the UK, there is always a UFC fight club party after the weigh - ins (The one in Germany was very good) You won't be stuck for someone to have a drink with or talk to over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

if we got like 12 seater mini bus i would defo be into it

but your looking at ferry and all

but1er wrote: »
    if we got like 12 seater mini bus i would defo be into it

but your looking at ferry and all

I am looking to do something like that. It would be more of meet at the ferry , the bus would pick us up when we arrive then back to the Ferry. I have done it alot for football match's and also did it on boards.ie for UFC 72 in Belfast .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

so get bus from the port in england i dunno were it is tbh quite useless at things like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Why don't ya just get a rail and sail from Dublin port.

€80 includes ferry and train to Birmingham, there AND back

scudzilla wrote: »
    Why don't ya just get a rail and sail from Dublin port.

€80 includes ferry and train to Birmingham, there AND back

Great idea Scudzilla!
    I checked out the trains and we're talking 6hrs 11 there and 6hrs 55 back.
    £67 total. Or there's an overnight on Friday that takes 11 hours but would be £62 return.
    Check out Virgin trains! There's also group booking discounts for more than 3 people. We could meet to pay and book there and then.

If we want seats together we're going to have to pay together. Most experience boards member or whoever is free to get online that morning. Other ideas welcome

Great idea Scudzilla!
    I checked out the trains and we're talking 6hrs 11 there and 6hrs 55 back.
    £67 total. Or there's an overnight on Friday that takes 11 hours but would be £62 return.
    Check out Virgin trains! There's also group booking discounts for more than 3 people. We could meet to pay and book there and then.

If we want seats together we're going to have to pay together. Most experience boards member or whoever is free to get online that morning. Other ideas welcome

Actually Eurolines in Busaras quoted between 60 and 80 to Birmingham

Thats what myself and the GF are doing. She is looking into book it now also.

Wnat to see if we can get names and numbers and see can we work something out ?

OK i just got quotes

Eurolines is 50 economy or 70 standard. (not sure what economy is on a bus)

Sales and Rail is 92.

Flight is only €80, I wouldn't be arsed with sailing and railing!

Were is everybody staying ?? Going to book in the next week.

• Advertisement

Tickets on general sale next Friday, Wednesday for fight club, presale on Thursday.Not sure who they're selling through, it isn't Ticketba7tard though, maybe See Tickets or something.

Tickets on general sale next Friday, Wednesday for fight club, presale on Thursday.Not sure who they're selling through, it isn't Ticketba7tard though, maybe See Tickets or something.

tickets wont be on ticketmaster? would it be worth joining fight club

sonic85 wrote: »
    tickets wont be on ticketmaster?

No.
    would it be worth joining fight club

Not really, join the UFC newsletter (free) and you'll get the presale code to be used on Thursday.

Didn't they use another ticketing company for the last Birmingham Event??

scudzilla wrote: »
    Didn't they use another ticketing company for the last Birmingham Event??

Yeah, it's something to do with the actual arena itself that they won't use Ticketmaster rather than a UFC decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GaryW

Anyone got the newsletter mail yet?

Tickets on sale from Ticket Factory, prices are £50, £75, £100, £150 and £225.

Tickets on sale from Ticket Factory, prices are £50, £75, £100, £150 and £225.

Ridiculous pricing yet again from UFC

Look at this card for UFC Live on Oct 1st

Dominick Cruz vs. Demetrious Johnson

Pat Barry vs. Stefan Struve
    Charlie Brenneman vs. Anthony Johnson
    Matt Wiman vs. Mac Danzig
    Michael Johnson vs. Paul Sass
    Shane Roller vs. T.J. Grant
    Yves Edwards vs. Rafaello Oliveira
    Mike Easton vs. Jeff Hougland
    * Fabio Maldonado vs. Aaron Rosa

Tickets are between $50 and $250 (£31 and £156), yet the card is better than the UK event!!!!

So long as the sheep keep buying tickets just because it's UFC then these prices will remain

Pat Barry to win, with a kick to the head. ;)

• Advertisement

Pat Barry to win, with a kick to the head. ;)

Hahaha, it aint a ladder match!!!

got tickets for this today - not the ones i wanted but ill chance it. hopefully it turns out ok

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭CKrules

got tickets for this today - not the ones i wanted but ill chance it. hopefully it turns out ok

Where did you get the tickets?

I still haven't got the newsletter with the presale code.

Or, did you join the fightclub?

CKrules wrote: »

i joined the fightclub. i signed up for newsletters about a year ago and then again about two months ago and havent received one yet. waste of time

i joined the fightclub. i signed up for newsletters about a year ago and then again about two months ago and havent received one yet. waste of time

Ah OK.

I actually got a newsletter the other day with the presale code for the GSP but feck all use that is!!!

Anyone else just not bothering going to this event? I genuinely hope it sells poorly, otherwise we'll be having the same discussions in 12 months.

• Advertisement

I was going to go, but adding up decent ticket, flights, B&B and spending money, I'd be looking at £250/£300 and I just can't justify that at the minute.

Might keep an eye closer to the event in case there's some very stupid ticket touts who thought this would be a huge sellout, then I can pick up one cheap.

I just got tickets on ticketfactory now without a promo code

• Registered Users Posts: 35 curious100

I just got tickets on ticketfactory now without a promo code

I was able to get them also without promo code. :)

where are you both sitting?

where are you both sitting?

Block 15, row X. Not sure how good they are. And you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Rubbish card tbh. They seem to have stopped trying in Europe really. Far cry from the Hendo Rampage fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 curious100

Block 13 row S. Look okay on seating plan.

Block 15, row X. Not sure how good they are. And you?

block 14 row z. seems to be the best block but i didnt get the tickets till late in the evening - shouldve realised there would be no decent tickets left there. thought id be a bit closer. looking forward to it though should be good craic

Some great new additions to the card on Saturday, courtesy of Wiki.

166921_10150379718656941_776991940_8128860_1583568924_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Was going to go at the last minute but flights are 580 quid for 2!!!!!!! Thats that out the window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

mooeire wrote: »
    Was going to go at the last minute but flights are 580 quid for 2!!!!!!! Thats that out the window

Why don't you get the ferry over?

Dean09 wrote: »
    Why don't you get the ferry over?

In that weather???? haha

well lads hows it going? this is a long shot but anyway. ive cleared this with cowzerp by the way. i have two spare tickets to this weekends event if anybody wants them or knows someone that wants them. my brother was supposed to go but had an accident so that kinda screwed things up a bit. anyway PM me if youre interested. thanks

well lads hows it going? this is a long shot but anyway. ive cleared this with cowzerp by the way. i have two spare tickets to this weekends event if anybody wants them or knows someone that wants them. my brother was supposed to go but had an accident so that kinda screwed things up a bit. anyway PM me if youre interested. thanks

Sorry to hear that!! Its supposedly near a sell out so maybe somebody who's going over could get rid of them over there for you

mooeire wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that!! Its supposedly near a sell out so maybe somebody who's going over could get rid of them over there for you

im still going - got 4 tickets but with the brother out of action thats freed up two. what can ya do - sh!t happens! still looking forward to it though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement