Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nevis Bungy Jump New Zealand

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭me1724

I have done the nevis its the highest in nz 134 mtrs, there is another one that looks good aswell its only 43 mtrs but you jump over a river and get dunked, http://www.bungy.co.nz/kawarau-bungy-centre/kawarau-bungy

Think the package for the two is $375 if ya want ta do both...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lordofweld

Cheers for that, Gettin dunked in the river would be cool but want the height of the cable car too, Think ill get that package alright. Not a bad price, Did ya do a skydive at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

did it a few years back, great fun!! think its the second highest one in the world, biggest one is in south africa i think. i actually did a package called the thrillogy, 3 jumps in one day. first was the bridge, then the nevis and finally the ledge. thought the ledge was the scariest as you have to actually run and jump off that unlike the other two where its just a jump.

if you do end up doing it don't try and think about the fact that you're going to jump from 143m up!! just walk out to the ledge listen to the instructors and jump!!!!

theres another one called the canyon swing which you can do from queenstown too, its brilliant and scarier than the bungee jumps :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭LJD10

my OH did it a when we were in NZ years ago and still talks about it and ! He said it was one of the best things he has ever done. He said he got a much better adrenaline rush than doing a sky dive or any of the other bungy jumps he did. I just went out to the cable cart in the canyon to watch it that was enough for me :D

Only gonna be there once, That trilogy sounds deadly, Will be havin a couple of weeks in Queenstown, A few mates were on about luging down a hill in a cart and teapots in the worldbar, Anything else to do while im there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭shelly6

The canyon swing is amazing! Soooooo scary but so much fun.
    Way more adrenaline than a sky dive, or at least that was how I felt.
    I did the sky dive at Nelson.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭shelly6

Bungaro what made the Canyon Swing scarier than the bungy?
    I didn't do a bungy, and I dunno if I missed out!

Ill have to do the canyon swing too so, Cant wait now. If anybody has any advise on anything else to do around NZ that ye got up to or where to go/avoid I would appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

My Oh did the one above queenstown at the Gondola station.
    Loads to do around Queenstown, skiing, shotover jet, Milford Sound.
    You wont be bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

canyon swing is scarier because of the lads working on it! in all of the bungee jumps they were all about keeping us calm and reassuring us, when i did the canyon swing the lads were saying it was their first day and stuff like they must get the equipment tested after my swing!! the fact that you can do different types of swings too is class! my buddy did the bin laden, looked unreal!!

when you do go to queenstown make sure you check out ferg burger, great grub!

• Advertisement

Ha ha, The bin laden!!! WTF is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

me and a mate did the thrillogy a few years back culminating in the nevis, the bus is a 40 min ride from town, where the bus has to stop and go into 4WD half way up the mountain much to the dismay of the punters in the back!!
    the cable cart ride out to the pod in scary enough, but its 100% worth the rush!!
    one tip... jump way out, crap half arsed/scared jumps look terrible on the video!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Lordofweld, are you perchance going with anyone going by the initials of NH?

Im afraid not jumpy, Just me and 2 mates headin. None with then initials. Cheers everybody for the advise, Very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Fair enough :)

Hes from Limerick and doing Nevis as well.

Advertisement