Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Passport Damaged

Options
  • 13-08-2011 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Im currently living in Oz on the WHV and my passport has become damaged and i doubt it will be accepted anymore at airports. How can I go about getting a replacement one? Or can I just apply for a new one?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

You should contact the IRish Embassy or Consulate in Oz. They should be able to issue one.
    It depends on the damage whether you will have to replace it or not. They should be able to advise you on this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

All info is on the Website of the Irish embassy in Canberra. You can pick up replacement forms in most large cities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

oz2011 wrote: »
    Im currently living in Oz on the WHV and my passport has become damaged and i doubt it will be accepted anymore at airports. How can I go about getting a replacement one? Or can I just apply for a new one?

Cheers
    Don't worry it happens a lot.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_abroad/passports/replacing_a_lost_or_stolen_irish_passport.html

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mines cracked, think i'll need a new one,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

OP - as a word of advice, just photocopy your passport details and visa label in case something happens.

I sent mine off to the sydney consulate and was back within 4 weeks, when I got my new one just went to visa office and got it transferred and a new stamp etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement