Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frosties cocktail

Options
  • 13-08-2011 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Does anyone know whats in this cocktail? or have a recipe for it? I can get them in any nightclub in Ireland yet cant find anything on the net about them.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

http://www.cocktailmaking.co.uk/displaycocktail.php/6763-frosty-sweets

That what you're talking about? Although as you said you searched on the internet, probably not. Maybe you could give more info? I've never heard of a frosties cocktail. Are we talking the sweets or the cereal here?:confused:

Also, if you can get them in any nightclub, why not watch the chap making it? I know it's probably hard to talk in a club, but maybe you corner one sometime and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭cmegzc

I don't know if you would call it a cocktail, but I think the drink you are looking for is Kola Kubes, it comes under several names, but the Cactus Jacks version is called Kola Kubes and it's a red liquier. You can buy in in Dunnes for €10, tesco probably do it too, Dunnes is sometimes out of stock so you might have to look a few times. That bottle will be 50cl, you can drink it as shots or me and my friends generally mix it with 7up/sprite or white lemonade, it doesn't change the taste but it dilutes it so you can drink it like you would vodka and coke etc. I got it in another offlicence in the past in a 20cl under the name "pihrana" (the red one) but it was a fiver so I suggest going to dunnes! Hope this helps, and you can mix with other drinks and come up with a way you like to drink it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Never heard of it. Perhaps it is similar to something sometimes called a "Skittles" cocktail usually made up of very sweet neon coloured liqueurs.

This is a cocktail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-RgWbdHI3A&feature=related

What clubs do you get it in? Do an internet search for them and see if they have a site and a cocktail menu on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It's smirnoff ice with this http://piranhainnovations.ie/flavours.htm afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

southern comfort, smirnoff ice, and blackcurrant dash is what i know it as, not so much a cocktail, more of a mixed drink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I make a cocktail that tastes like Frosties. I use 1 shot of cola schnapps, half a shot of vodka, a nice splash of cranberry juice and about 1/4 can of red bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭maximalistic

They sell in Harveys it in Waterford and I'm fairly sure I've gotten it in Coppers aswell. Anyways I finally got to ask the barman what was in it last night.

1 part Jack Daniels
    1 part Kola Kubes
    Dash Red Lemonade

Thats at least the one I was thinking of initially when I was asking, although there could variants across the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

yeah id serve it as double shot piranha kola kubes (get it in dunnes for a tenner) and smirnoff ice

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭shellita

In Dublin we use a shot of Piranha and a bottle of smirnoff ice :D

Advertisement