Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc Alarm help/info required

Options
  • 13-08-2011 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi All

I have a HKC alarm something alongs the lines of this

http://www.hkc.ie/hkc/Main/Products_Control_Panels.htm

I want to add in a GSM Digi Dialler and possibly a wireless connection to a shed.

I do not have the engineer code and the person that installed it is unlikely to give it to me (dont ask)

what options are available to me.

I seen a link here to reset the alarm but all the zones will have to be reset up.

is this a big job. currently every window just comes up a back window so I dont think too much effort was put into installing it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

eiei0 wrote: »
    Hi All

I have a HKC alarm something alongs the lines of this

http://www.hkc.ie/hkc/Main/Products_Control_Panels.htm

I want to add in a GSM Digi Dialler and possibly a wireless connection to a shed.

I do not have the engineer code and the person that installed it is unlikely to give it to me (dont ask)

what options are available to me.

I seen a link here to reset the alarm but all the zones will have to be reset up.

is this a big job. currently every window just comes up a back window so I dont think too much effort was put into installing it.

Thanks

If the system is not engineer locked then defaulting and reprogramming will not be that big a job. You can add a HKC GSM-P If it is the 8/12 installed.
    By the sounds of it you have free zones to connect a quick bridge too, here is a link to one.

If you have any problems you will get all the help you need here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Your only option is to reset the panel and start again.
    Not a big job as long as the panel is not eng locked.
    If you are not confident enough to do this then ring around, get a few quotes.
    With only one zone connected them I would probably get a pro in to check it over and make right what the other installer did

Advertisement