Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest new SIM-free iPhone 4?

Options
  • 13-08-2011 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi!

Where can I buy cheapest new SIM-free iPhone 4 in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭mel123

There is a shop on Liffey street that sells second hand phones and often have the ip4 and if u have any old phones they will buy them off u so makes it even cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Siim

So they sell new and SIM-free iPhone 4s? Because I'm not interested in used phones. Would you happen to know their price for iPhone 4 16GB?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Are all i phones not sim free anyhow?

Not to my knowledge. Maybe only if you buy it startght from Apple Store, but they usually should be carrier locked.

A mate of mine has one with o2 and it will take any network sim..

• Advertisement

Alright. I just have seen some ads where they mention that it's "Meteor locked" for example. So I don't know for sure either.

Siim wrote: »
    Alright. I just have seen some ads where they mention that it's "Meteor locked" for example. So I don't know for sure either.

Maybe some of the i phone guru's on here can clarify it..

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

Usually iPhones are carrier locked unless they are bought from apple store. After the contracts ended they can be unlocked by the carrier. Also you can put a gevey sim between your simcard on the simcard tray and use it on any network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I don't really think there are any 'cheap' iPhone 4s out there, unless you buy from someone on Adverts.ie or something, which has an element of risk. Apple have a base price that they have to be sold at. The only real option is to buy from Apple or buy a phone someone got as an upgrade, which is locked to a network, and jailbreak it/use gevey.

brophs wrote: »
    I don't really think there are any 'cheap' iPhone 4s out there, unless you buy from someone on Adverts.ie or something, which has an element of risk. Apple have a base price that they have to be sold at. The only real option is to buy from Apple or buy a phone someone got as an upgrade, which is locked to a network, and jailbreak it/use gevey.
    Well even the street prices are better that in Apple Store. There is one place in ILAC Centre, where they sell phones. I was wondering if there any other such places in Dublin that would sell maybe even cheaper. I'm not local here, that's why I'm asking you people here. :)

The reason I'm asking is that I'm interested exporting them to my freinds in my home country. They are a lot expensive there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

If you're willing to be locked to a network, the cheapest iPhone 4 offer at the moment is three - they're coverage and plan is decent as well including unlimited internet.

If you're looking for a new sim free, the apple store is the best bet - apple products rarely ever vary in price and it's the going rate.

if you do decide to go sim free, best network for PAYG is three also at the moment, 20e topup includes free any network texts, free weekend calls, unlimited internet and you still end up with your credit. so If you can shell out for sim free it will pay off over the months.

Actually I don't want any plans or contracts, because these phones wouldn't be used in Ireland. I just want to buy them straight out with the best price possible.

Actually I don't want any plans or contracts, because these phones wouldn't be used in Ireland. I just want to buy them straight out with the best price possible.

http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone?mco=MTAyNTQzMjI

e499 unless you find someone on the likes of adverts selling an unwanted iphone unlocked & sealed.

Kevin! wrote: »
    http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone?mco=MTAyNTQzMjI

e499 unless you find someone on the likes of adverts selling an unwanted iphone unlocked & sealed.
    It's €599 - I want iPhone 4

It's €599 - I want iPhone 4

my mistake, you've answered your own question so

Advertisement