Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Focus cayo 105 2010

• 13-08-2011 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm thinking of buying the above bike and would love to hear your views on it. I suffer from a bad back(I'm 28) from time to time and am wondering what the ride position would b like on this. It costs 1400 euro and am wondering is there anything better on the market for that money????
    New Focus carbon frame
    Focus carbon forks
    Shimano 105 drivetrain
    Shimano FC-R600 compact chainset (50/34)
    Fulcrum Racing 7 wheelset
    Concept SL saddle
    Tapered head tube
    BB30 bottom bracket shell with HollowTech II insert
    SSPS (Stable Stiffness per Size) – adaptive increase in tube diametre for maintaining equal stiffness in all frame sizes

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/focus-cayo-105-compact-2010/

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,307 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have the 2009 model, and have had major back problems over the years (4 disc operations), but have found the Cayo very comfortable.

Mine had better a better spec, and have never been any trouble (I've probably done getting on for 15,000km on it), although clearly I have needed to replace worn parts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

ccull123 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    It costs 1400 euro and am wondering is there anything better on the market for that money????
    This and this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Lemag wrote: »

That's a lovely looking frame. carbon fibre lugs........Mmmmm!

8929.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

That's a lovely looking frame. carbon fibre lugs........Mmmmm!

really ?

now colnago do it well but those verenti (do you really want to drive a bike with verenti written on it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

really ?

Didn't realise that they're Wiggle own brand. Still, for €1200 delivered that bike is good value & looks alot better than a PX Pro carbon imo!
    now colnago do it well

Yes but you wouldn't even get a Colnago lugged frame for €1200.
    do you really want to drive a bike with verenti written on it

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

The Boardman Comp was my other option before I ended up with that very same Cayo. Have over 10,000km on the cayo now and no complaints.

Advertisement