Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re-tile a shower and put in seal?

Options
  • 13-08-2011 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

hi,

having lots of problems with an upstairs shower with it leaking. Just had the local plumber round to look. He advises that i should rip out the tiles, fit a seal, and then retile. How much will this cost me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Marcanthony

If the shower is leaking from the seals or via the tiles. It would be best to remove the tiles and tank the shower unit.Tanking is a better job for piece of mind. You will also need to remove and refit the shower door.

If all the tiles need to be removed in the shower area. It would be better to reslab the shower area and tile on to new slabs. If this needs to be done the shower will need to be removed and refitted also.

In my opinion the leak maybe not from the shower seals. It could be from the trap ect. I would get an assessment and confirmation of the leak from a qualified person in this field of expertise before carring out repairs.It may also be covered by your insurance.I Know a company who provides this service of assessing leaks and repairing them. If you would like there number.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭tommytee

check out http://www.showersealsdirect.com, they have v good prices

Advertisement