Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apologies, i know this gets asked every year...

Options
  • 13-08-2011 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

But what time does registration usually open at? I'm talking about the aug 17th one just in case it varies.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

dr gonzo wrote: »
    But what time does registration usually open at? I'm talking about the aug 17th one just in case it varies.

Cheers

No set time. I've got on at 7am or as late as 10. Round guess, around 8.30 / 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

Wait! What registration?

Is it for existing students already?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Wait! What registration?

Is it for existing students already?

Registration for some Stage 2 students begins on Wednesday.

I hate this whole waiting for the registration to open lark. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Registration was open for my course (B&L stage 4) earlier. Got registering for modules and tutorials then came back later and it was closed. Looks like we'll have to re-register in the morning :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Is SISWEB down or is it just me?

:rolleyes:

EDIT: Nvm, just slow as hell it seems. No change there from other years then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

Is SISWEB down or is it just me?

:rolleyes:

nope, mine is the same! nobody can get on it at the moment from what I've heard!

Online Registration is Currently Busy

Please logout and try again shortly.

Egh . . . :mad:

/rages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

GRRRRR so annoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭JayC5

Typical, what a sh*t system/setup they have going - have been sitting around for the past hour waiting on this. Sort it out UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Did this happen last year? its seriously taking the piss right now:mad:

• Advertisement

Never remember it being this bad before . . .

Any of you get to actually register yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

There is usually some delay but I don't remember it being this bad before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 LauraemiM

Not yet finally managed to log in to be told that it was busy and to log back out =(

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭JayC5

Managed to register, got to my first module choice then it froze - hasn't worked since....

Never remember it being this bad before . . .

Any of you get to actually register yet?

No, I can't get through. Some others have tho, which makes it worse because other people could be taking up the class spaces while some can't even get through to the ****ty website.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CD.

I got through and was able to choose classes but it's so slow I'm not even sure if it's registering me properly or anything. Was able to choose 4 of my classes and it should have registered me to the four, but the system only shows that I'm registered to 3
    Frozen now on the same class for the last ten minutes or so.

LauraemiM wrote: »
    Not yet finally managed to log in to be told that it was busy and to log back out =(

Which is really annoying. Any ideas if we can just keep refreshing the Web Enrolment homepage or not, or do we actually have to log back out and log back in?

Have a funny feeling that logging out and back in will only make you loose your position in some sort of queue. ****ing shambles. :/

I had to log out and back in to get it working the first time, but now its seemed to have unlogged me just now while I was trying to drop a class. (chose the wrong semester cos I'm a feckin retard.)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Estragon

It's almost like UCD did not anticipate that thousands of people would try to register their modules this morning.

I'm getting nowhere. Can't even get to the SIS loginpage now. Was in earlier but kept getting thrown out.

At least it's a nice day outside.

:)

No Response from Application Web Server

There was no response from the application web server for the page you requested.
    Please notify the site's webmaster and try your request again later

Things are going from bad to worse. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Estragon wrote: »
    It's almost like UCD did not anticipate that thousands of people would try to register their modules this morning.

Oh I wouldn't be surprised.

Anyway, I've been attempting to register for over an hour now and I'm yet to be signed up for a single module, I wonder if they expect me to do this all day?? :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I've been trying to log in for 40 minutes and still no joy!Sort it out UCD!

Anyone have much look yet?

This is beyond a farce at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

I've been logged on since half 7, just have one more module to register for then tutorials. Getting there slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dublineese

Been on since half 7. Just keeps telling me its busy, log out and try again. Getting seriously stressed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 LauraemiM

No joy yet :(

I've been logged on since half 7, just have one more module to register for then tutorials. Getting there slowly

Fair play, at least you're getting somewhere.

Some of the module pages are now saying I have registered, but the Credit Information panel on the left is still saying 0 registered. And there is nothing on my calendar. I'm in No Man's Land.

I feel like giving up. I think I'll stick on Everybody Hurts to keep me from flinging the laptop out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Any luck yet anyone, it just tells me to log and and try again later.

I'm almost done, just trying to sort out one class atm. It says it isn't chosen but when I click into it it says I'm already registered (I did register to it), but it's not on the credit statement nor is it on the labs/tutorial page. So waiting for the page ot reload to make sure that I am registered to it.
    All it took was two and a half hours.

quick question, I need to do 3 electives this year, but if I choose them in the module tab and they are more than I need (eg, choose 5 of these 8 and I choose 6) do they count as go deeper electives, or do I need to do it through the elective tab when they open later?

• Advertisement

Rothmans wrote: »
    Any luck yet anyone, it just tells me to log and and try again later.

I logged out to see if that would help but now I can't get back in again. They seem to have closed login temporarily.

Advertisement