Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apologies, i know this gets asked every year...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Estragon wrote: »
    I logged out to see if that would help but now I can't get back in again. They seem to have closed login temporarily.

Nice to see UCD are as organised as ever.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭bren50c

can someone who has got to module selection page post the url they get for the page after this one:

https://sisweb.ucd.ie/usis/W_SM_WEB_ENR_WELCOME.SHOW

that as far as I can get

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭JayC5

Seriously, wtf is the going on...?

Has anyone had any feedback from anyone in UCD about how long this will take? I'm holed up in a sweaty hotel foyer in Chiang Mai - I've wasted most of my day waiting around to register, can't move from the pc or I may not get back on it again!!! Getting very peed off at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Ah, I'll do this some other day. Life is too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Estragon

JayC5 wrote: »

Has anyone had any feedback from anyone in UCD about how long this will take? I'm holed up in a sweaty hotel foyer in Chiang Mai - I've wasted most of my day waiting around to register, can't move from the pc or I may not get back on it again!!! Getting very peed off at the mo

I love Chiang Mai, so being 'holed up' there doesn't sound too bad to me. But ... yeah. This is a disaster. Mark Rogers why do you want to ruin my life?

There is this not entirely encouraging note on the Students Registrartion Page;

IMPORTANT MESSAGE - Online Registration is experiencing heavy traffic at this time. You may experience delays accessing the system. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We will continue to update this page. Students are getting on and are registering, just slowly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

''IMPORTANT MESSAGE - Online Registration is experiencing heavy traffic at this time. You may experience delays accessing the system. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We will continue to update this page. Students are getting on and are registering, just slowly.''

FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

JayC5 wrote: »

I hope its not this hotel...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-14543759

:P

Phibsboro wrote: »

If it is, at least you know there's no bedbugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

''IMPORTANT MESSAGE - Online Registration is experiencing heavy traffic at this time. You may experience delays accessing the system. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We will continue to update this page. Students are getting on and are registering, just slowly.''

FFS!

And I suppose those of us who can't even get past Mark Rogers' face are just fooked then.. :mad:

urrgghh I'm going to be stuck in all the worst classes at the worst times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

And I suppose those of us who can't even get past Mark Rogers' face are just fooked then.. :mad:

urrgghh I'm going to be stuck in all the worst classes at the worst times.

Yeah, I think (hope) that most of us can't get further than that,
    But I've heard stories of people logging on straight away without any trouble :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Managed to finally get in, registering at a snails pace. SIS web is awful, broken links everywhere and pages just stop loading randomly. Its been like this for years too. :rolleyes:

EDIT:
    ORA-00001: unique constraint (SATURN.PK_SFTREGS) violated

Lulz, cheers for the informative error message? Got that when I went to register a module. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CD.

i got something simimlar. when i go into the module, it says i've already registered to it but on the module tab it says I havn't chosen it. It's also not on my credit statement.
    UCD is a pain in the hole, class now says it's full and apparently I am not registered too it, despite the page for the module telling me I was registered.

I think that at this stage (over four hours since SIS opened the registration area) that this can be called, officially, a debacle.

Particularly disappointed in UCD's (lack of) communication. Once flimsy note on the Students site. No emails, no advice, no explanations. It's unprofessional. UCD is supposedly one of the top 100 universities. Things go wrong in all organizations but the lack of acknowledgement of the problem by UCD is apalling.

I seem to remember that there were some problems with SIS last year, although nothing like this. They should have anticipated the traffic. There should be an investigation later, and a report made public of what changes UCD will put in place to ensure this does not happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 shelly818

The SIS thing is telling me that an elective i did TWO years ago is incompatible with my 2 core modules!!!! can the student desk sort this out because i can register for everything else except for 2 of my core modules....

This is such a pain in the arse been up sincde 6.30 trying to register!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

SU Facebook page
    UCD Students' Union
    Registry Problems
    - We have contacted Registry to address the huge volume of problems being experienced by students.
    - After our intervention they have promised increased speed for gaining access.
    -The SU will continue to monitor this problem and make sure Registry are doing everything possible to allow everyone to register quickly and easily.
    - Everyone is experiencing the same problems, don't panic, keep trying and be patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Beyond a joke at this stage, heads better roll for this. I only get one day off work per week and its spent trying to deal with this ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

wow **** this, i'm just gonna do it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 shelly818

This happens every year, you'd have thought they would have coped on by now that they need more servers and to have less courses registering at the same time......

:mad: timetable is going to be all over the place now!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Is anyone else not even getting into the registration at all? This is all I'm getting: Phase 2 Not Available.

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Is anyone else not even getting into the registration at all? This is all I'm getting: Phase 2 Not Available.

That's all I've been getting since I started an hour ago. Should I keep trying or is it just down for everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

How many credits did you get last year?

I only got 55 of 60, has that got anything to do with it?

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    I only got 115 of 120, has that got anything to do with it?

What are you trying to register for?

I asked that question as some people with less than 50 credits would not be able to register for Stage 2 Arts today since they haven't progressed to the next Stage.

What are you trying to register for?

I asked that question as some people with less than 50 credits would not be able to register for Stage 2 Arts today since they haven't progressed to the next Stage.

Stage 2 arts. I am planning on substituting my failed elective, definitely have been accepted to stage 2 though.

All of them 60. Does anyone know what I should do?

All of them 60. Does anyone know what I should do?

Contact the student desk. Well it's too late in the day now, but you should call or drop in early tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Scatterbrain

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Stage 2 arts. I am planning on substituting my failed elective, definitely have been accepted to stage 2 though.

As far as I know, (according to http://www.ucd.ie/students/regdates2011.html), 2nd year Arts students can't register until Friday.

As far as I know, (according to http://www.ucd.ie/students/regdates2011.html), 2nd year Arts students can't register until Friday.

I hadn't thought of the Year 1 people having a different day.

So just to clarify that is Stage 2 Year 1 for registration on Friday. Stage 2 Year 2 were registering today.

I hadn't thought of the Year 1 people having a different day.

So just to clarify that is Stage 2 Year 1 for registration on Friday. Stage 2 Year 2 were registering today.
    Oh, well that makes sense, I'm a second year. Thanks for the help anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Correct in saying that Elective allocation is not first come first served, right?

(Aka I dont have to even bother waiting around to register for them on Monday? :D)

Advertisement