Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric shower won't stop

Options
  • 13-08-2011 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

(Apologies if this has been covered before but did a search & couldn't find anything)

The electric shower in our ensuite started dripping about a week ago after use and has gotten progressively worse. It now runs (heavy dripping is the best way of describing it) for a few minutes after turning off the shower.

Anyway, I'm wondering is this a common problem and what's the best way to go about sorting it out?

Cheers in advance, cm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭doctorwu

I had a similar problem about a year ago. Turned out to be a problem with a printed circuit board in the control unit. It had to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Hi all,

(Apologies if this has been covered before but did a search & couldn't find anything)

The electric shower in our ensuite started dripping about a week ago after use and has gotten progressively worse. It now runs (heavy dripping is the best way of describing it) for a few minutes after turning off the shower.

Anyway, I'm wondering is this a common problem and what's the best way to go about sorting it out?

Cheers in advance, cm

Must be the time of the year for these things to happen, have recently noticed out Mira shower continue dripping water after being turned off. It's about 5 years in operation but we've only started using it regularly this summer as it's in a downstairs en suite. I would not be happy having to replace it knowing how little use it has got.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Cheers in advance, cm

Must be the time of the year for these things to happen, have recently noticed out Mira shower continue dripping water after being turned off. It's about 5 years in operation but we've only started using it regularly this summer as it's in a downstairs en suite. I would not be happy having to replace it knowing how little use it has got.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Well our's is still dripping anyway. It's also a Mira
    Getting a fella out to look at it next week....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Sounds like the water solenoid valve is not 100% sealing. This is caused by wear&tear or a bit of gunk/debris on the seal. It needs to come apart to diagnose......

• Advertisement

Now the pull cord switch is gone, it doesn't rain but it pours !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Still haven't got ours sorted one way or the other.

What's the expected life-span of a bog standard shower these days anyway?

The one we have came pre-installed with the house so I'm guessing it wasn't a premium model. We're in the house about 4 years and that shower gets 99.9% of the overall use

Advertisement