Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannot update Galaxy s2 firmware. Kies says no new update

• 13-08-2011 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

pda:ke2 phone:kdj csc:ke1 (met)

This is what it says on my Kies but no matter how many times I re-connect, reboot or whatever it doesn't offer me any way to update the firmware.

Some guidance would be most appreciated, and please ask if there's any info I should have provided.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DrainBamaged

I'm on Meteor.
    I haven't had the phone very long so I haven't done anything with it.
    Reading around online it seems like some official firmware updates were released so I assumed just connecting the phone to Kies would just start the update.
    But so far nothing.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DrainBamaged

sugarman wrote: »
    Theres your prob, unless its unlocked you will have to wait for meteors own firmware update. Dont hold your breath on ever even getting one.

Ive a wave on 3 & they told me they wont be supporting the firmware, so im stuck on Bada 1.0 unless I get it unlocked. Its currently on 1.2 the past year & due to be 2.0 in the coming weeks. 3 wont do a thing, its not in their contract & my phone is pretty limited to apps now:mad:

Ah I see, I guess I'll have to find myself a guide to follow then. But I'm a total neophyte with things like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Where in ireland are you brain damaged?

I could prob do this for you in ten mins!

If you need help, pm me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Ah I see, I guess I'll have to find myself a guide to follow then. But I'm a total neophyte with things like this.

It's pretty easy. All you need is a windows PC (which I presume you have from first post as Kies for Mac doesn't do firmware updates yet) and a program called Odin, which is much better than kies anyway.

You need to be able to boot the phone into download mode. With phone off press and hold home key plus volume - plus power key - you will then come to a screen asking to confirm if you want to go to download mode.

Now you follow this guide (very simple)

This will root your phone, allow you to sim unlock it and debrand it, and allow you to flash custom (and latest leaked) firmwares from your sd card very easily

You do not actually have to root your phone to install latest firmware, you can simply install it via Odin similarly to the above guide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭stonybroke

Ghandee wrote: »
    Where in ireland are you brain damaged?

I could prob do this for you in ten mins!

If you need help, pm me.

Hi Ghandee,
    Can you root an LG OPtimus one on Meteor?

• Advertisement
Advertisement