Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Variable resistor problems

• 13-08-2011 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello everyone!

I have 2 Roberts radios, one very old (Model R747) and the other about 13 years old.

The variable resistors are giving trouble, ie the volume is difficult / impossible to select at times.

I cleaned the variable resistor of the newer one with WD40 and it worked fine for a while only.

Can anyone advise me if there is a particular trade cleaner for this purpose?

Or can these components be bought new and fitted?

I would be grateful for any trade advice on this one.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I'm using Ambersil contact cleaner bought in Radionics. There is another brand I used called Servisol. Even then, if the radio is not used for long periods, the problem may/will return.
    You should be able to pick up something in Maplin or Peats too.
    The pots themselves should be available but you will need to know the type.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Padocarr

Hello Fuzzy Clam,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I will try out what you've said.

Advertisement