Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Unable to access the network'

Options
  • 13-08-2011 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, im looking for some help regarding my eircom broadband..
    At home we have a laptop and deasktop computer. About two months ago the desktop which is connected to the router started displaying this message when i tried to access the internet:
    Unable to access the network.
    Google Chrome (and all other browsers for that matter) is having trouble accessing the network. This may be because your firewall wrongly thinks Google Chrome is an intruder on your computer and is blocking it from connecting to the internet.
    Then it says:
    Error 138 (net::ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED): Unable to access the network.

It's not Norton blocking this and we have had Norton installed and both working even before the internet stopped working. Also,the Laptop's internet connection is working wireless and flawlessly.
    Any help is welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

MarkD09 wrote: »
    At home we have a laptop and deasktop computer. About two months ago the desktop which is connected to the router started displaying this message when i tried to access the internet:
    Google Chrome (and all other browsers for that matter) is having trouble accessing the network. This may be because your firewall wrongly thinks Google Chrome is an intruder on your computer and is blocking it from connecting to the internet.
    Then it says:

It's not Norton blocking this and we have had Norton installed and both working even before the internet stopped working. Also,the Laptop's internet connection is working wireless and flawlessly.
    Any help is welcome.

Hi MarkD09,

I sent off your issues to managers in broadband support to look into the issue. Can you PM your telephone number in case they need it please.

Thanks, Mark

Then it says:

Any help is welcome.

Hi MarkD09,

Can you try the following link and get back to me - http://bit.ly/lUoYhe

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Hi Mark, I had actually uninstalled the antivirus we had (Norton 360) recently on it because the subscription was up and it wouldn't open.
    We have a setup which has the DSL cable going into a 'Trust' Modem, Like the picture. Neither of the lights on this modem are lit up so is it possible we need a new modem?
    Thanks, Mark.

immagine-14209.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Trust is cheap and frequently nasty gear, like Belkin. What happened your eircom modem ???

Hi Mark, I had actually uninstalled the antivirus we had (Norton 360) recently on it because the subscription was up and it wouldn't open.
    We have a setup which has the DSL cable going into a 'Trust' Modem, Like the picture. Neither of the lights on this modem are lit up so is it possible we need a new modem?
    Thanks, Mark.

immagine-14209.jpg

Hi Mark,

As Sponge Bob suggested have you an eircom modem available to try amd see if you have the same problem with a Zyxel or Netopia?

As I can't say for certain it is your current modem but it's worth trying.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Trust is cheap and frequently nasty gear, like Belkin. What happened your eircom modem ???

Thanks for the helpo Sponge Bob :)

Mark

Advertisement