Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

weaning autumn calves

• 13-08-2011 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

well folks last year i calved down some cows in the autumn for the first time. i weaned the first of them yesterday and i wondered does anyone know a handy way of preventing the cows getting masitis apart from having to put stockholm tar on their udders every week. they will be calving down again towards the end of october.thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

dry cow tubes prob ur best bet, one treatment but a little on the dear side. why not put them in side on straw for a week or so nothing will dry a cow up quicker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

We wolud if possible wait untill Aug is gone before we would wean.
    Failing this, as you said, Stockholm tar, Spot on, Pour on or the like.

Advertisement