Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have a nice recipe for buttercream filling?

Options
  • 13-08-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Thats not too sweet :D.

I am making a birthday cake for my daughter.

thanks.

Bx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Italian Meringue Buttercream isn't as sweet as the normal buttercream with horrible gritty sweet icing sugar. Google it and you'll find plenty of recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Acoshla wrote: »
    Italian Meringue Buttercream isn't as sweet as the normal buttercream with horrible gritty sweet icing sugar. Google it and you'll find plenty of recipes.
    Thanks a million, I've never heard of it, I am a complete novice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

Lemon buttercream is nice, sweet and tangy. make your butter cream as normal, and grate the rind of one lemon and lemon juice into the butter cream, mix well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I make a chocolate buttermilk icing for one of my cakes using the following. It doesn't turn out too sweet thanks to the buttermilk.

500g icing sugar
    2 tablespoons cocoa powder
    150g butter, softened
    50 ml buttermilk

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Thanks for that guys, only checked this tonight so I will try out both of those in the next 2 cakes I make:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I tried a basic vanilla buttercream but added more vanilla to make the buttercream taste like icecream.

I didn't have any vanilla bean paste so I just put in the seeds from one vanilla pod and a tablespoon of good vanilla extract to a basic buttercream mix (unsalted butter and icing sugar).

Chocolate buttercream is nicer on a cake I think though. Although nutella butter cream is OMG!!!

Here's the recipe..gotten from another boardsey..you can pipe it or spread it..or eat it from a spoon lol

250g icing sugar, sifted
    80g unsalted butter @ room temp
    25ml whole milk
    80g nutella

Beat the icing sugar and butter together until well mixed.
    Slowly pour in the milk and when it is incorporated beat until the frosting is light and fluffy (about 5 mins)
    Stir in the nutella until evenly mixed.

Advertisement