Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guilty Pleasures

Options
  • 13-08-2011 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

I usually wouldn't be caught dead listening to pop, but it shames me to admit I can't keep away from this.

http://youtu.be/BiEEJds8JFE

So, music forum, what's your guilty pleasure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Not too big on Miley but this tune is a sorrowful killer. As much as I hate myself for listening to this song I would go to a Miley Cyrus concert just to hear it live;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG2zyeVRcbs

I have a terrible thing for Girls Aloud and all their solo stuff thus far Cheryl Cole, Nadine Coyle and Nicola Roberts. They're ok singers and have some really decent songs especially Jump, which they do greater justice to than the original by the Pointer Sisters.

Take That and Robbie Williams, wouldn't really call a guilty pleasure because they are really talented. Gary/Robbie immense songwriters, all 5 of them can sing and dance very well and yes they play instruments on tour.

Westlife, well they can sing. I would like more songs written by them/instruments played by them at their concerts but otherwise I do get that "guilty" feeling the odd time when I still hear them on the radio.

Boyzone, yep everyone remember's those 5 kids from Dublin and their Late Late Show performance. How they all became famous, we may never know.

Those would be the biggest ones from me. I have a few more but they don't really give me as much pleasure:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I don't really believe in guilty pleasures as such - I don't really think anyone should be ashamed of what they enjoy. However, I do like a lot of Britney's stuff, especially Toxic, I'm A Slave 4 U and Hit Me Baby One More Time (I think they're good pop songs), and I also have a very soft spot for this song:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I wouldn't really be ashamed of my guilty pleasure as they are the reason I started playing music but I love McFly!

Their latest album was a major disappointment though. I want them to go back to their cheesy pop sound so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Early Bon Jovi and Katy Perry.

Theres a sentence you never thought you'd read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I have no guilty pleasures. I'm not ashamed of any music I enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Ah yeah, my mates know I listen to the stuff I mentioned but I wouldnt go round shouting about it. Besides, mid/late Bon Jovi and 99% of Katy Perry songs are ****e but explaining that while getting slagged can be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Some westlife songs.

take that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Usually try to stay away from J-pop, but Perfume are just too feckin' catchy...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gfgfgf14

Kelly Clarkson...i should be guilty but never am....cause there is worse....spice girls.....CRINGE

• Registered Users Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Britney Spears. :o

I entered a competition for tickets to her concert in October. Didn't win. Gutted :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Its more about admitting you like pop songs that are either manufactured or just plain cheesy than being ashamed of any music you like.
    gfgfgf14 wrote: »
    Kelly Clarkson...i should be guilty but never am....cause there is worse....spice girls.....CRINGE

Kelly Clarkson is one of the best pop singers who ever lived. Her vocal abilities are overshadowed by the likes of Imelda May, Adele, Winehouse. No Clarkson does it for me anyday, listen to some of the high notes in Since U Been Gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The House Of Wolves

Cobra Starship is my ultimate guilty pleasure. Everyone scoffs and says 'the ones who did a song with Leighton Meester?' but they have the catchiest songs ever. Plus they are really sound lads (and girl) so... :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It's quite surprising that this thread died such a quick death, or is everyone too ashamed to open up about their guilty pleasures... :D :pac:

Anyway, I'll try and liven up the thread with my own one (:o:o)

Beat that!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

AnamGlas wrote: »
    I usually wouldn't be caught dead listening to pop, but it shames me to admit I can't keep away from this.

http://youtu.be/BiEEJds8JFE

So, music forum, what's your guilty pleasure?

You wouldnt be caught dead listening to pop?:confused: - some of the greatest music of all time is pop music.

Anyone for the new steps ? released there album in April sold ok-ish there off to Asia at Christmas

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUwJ7m9kL-UFRdvZQDb96ZxPTzpF77ccr

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1413915765541292/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Surprised that no one has mentioned Steal My Sunshine by Len :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Achtung Maybe

I read a quote once that said "if its a pleasure then it should never be guilty", however my playlist headed Guilty Pleasures on Spotify certainly has me guilty as charged to include songs like

Ordinary World by Duran Duran
    Through The Barricades by Spandau Ballet
    Love of The Common People by Paul Young
    ...and even the theme tune from The Littlest Hobo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

These Words by Natasha Bedingfield anyone? I still love this song too!

Or perhaps Never had a dream come true by S-Club 7

...and in the style similar to East 17, the latter becomes a Christmas hit soley because there's snow in the video!

Still though, I almost feel embarrassed now after that! :D

Advertisement