Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to play American Football in Waterford? Look no further!

Options
  • 13-08-2011 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey all,

If you're wondering if there is a team in Waterford or the general south-eastern region, well there is. The Southeast Strongbows

Founded in 2005 we quickly established ourselves as one of the dominant teams in IFFA (Irish Flag Football Association) by winning the first tournament we entered up in Dublin.

We had a year hiatus and are now back and rearing to go and have played in 2 tournaments so far this year, coming 3rd in UCC's Pirate Bowl and 1st in Dublin Revolution's Phoenix Bowl.

We are always looking for new members all the time as our goal is to one day go into kitted 8v8 Football or even full 11v11.

For more info on our past check here http://strongbows.tripod.com/

And for up to date info check our facebook page here http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125778107456129

If you are interested in playing or perhaps want more info just reply on this thread and I'll get in touch.

Best regards,
    Simon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jdgryffudd

hi Simon

what are the startup costs for new players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 saw2813

It's is completely free for the time being. All you need is Runners/Boots, training gear and maybe gloves for catching ball if you feel you need more grip.

We will be having a small training session tomorrow on the Waterpark College side of the park, (Newtown Road) @ 6.30 if you would like to come down and see if you'd be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

For anyone interested in american football in waterford a big update!!!

The Waterford Wolves, a fully kitted team, got accepted into IAFL-1 division.

http://www.americanfootball.ie/iafl-agm-4-new-teams-to-play-in-2013/

The team is currently recruiting new players & coaching staff. All fitness levels are welcome.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/394997_417031805033036_1267418012_n.png

The Wolves, set up by former players from the southeast strongbows flag football team a year ago, played in their first games at a charity tournament a couple of weeks ago in Craigavon.

http://www.touchdown-europe.net/2012/11/ireland-report-waterford-wolves-debut.html

If you are interested in any way drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

Great bunch of lads join up you won't be dissapointed !!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I was told about this the other night in Thomastown. Seems to be strong interest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 IrishLion09

Waterford Wolves are looking for people to join the pack.If you love American Football and would love to see it up close then please contact us and we would delighted to show you what it is all about.If you don't want to play then why not join up with the sideline group as you would be most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

the Wolves are back training this wednesday in Villa training grounds in Polberry, any one interested be there at 9pm and ask for Coach McGrath or Coach Reinhardt

Just don't ask for coach Taylor ;-)

Great news the RSC is the new home of the Waterford Wolves . Get out and support them. When I have the fixtures will let you know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

How Will that work? Ya surely can't line the pitch into yards and all. I have to hand it too the lads setting this up I see signs for them all over the place, they are giving it a real go.

• Advertisement

March 3rd: Kildare Reapers
    May 5th: @ Drogheda Lightning
    May 26th: Dublin Dragons
    June 9th: @ Tullamore Phoenix
    June 16th: Meath Bulldogs
    July 14th: @ Mullingar Minotaurs
    July 28th: Tullamore Phoenix
    August 11th: @ Kildare Reapers

On a back pitch think they are lining it not 100 % sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

ziedth wrote: »
    How Will that work? Ya surely can't line the pitch into yards and all. I have to hand it too the lads setting this up I see signs for them all over the place, they are giving it a real go.

The RSC has a couple of back pitches that are used the odd time, they probably have one of them for the duration of their season.

It's back pitch yes apparently behind goal in country end , entrance through main entrance at RSC , games are on Sundays as you can see by the dates . Come out and cheer them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭b0ardsUser

M'URICA!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

decies wrote: »
    It's back pitch yes apparently behind goal in country end , entrance through main entrance at RSC , games are on Sundays as you can see by the dates . Come out and cheer them on.

Great that ye got sorted with a pitch. Seems to be a lot of interest in playing.

I can't claim to have any great knowledge of the RSC but I would have thought the only area big enough for an American Football game was the main pitch.

Where are these back pitches? I can only picture the two stands the running track and the main pitch

You go in main entrance turn right behind old main stand and down there are a few practice pitches, where Waterford Utd train etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Cheerleaders??????

Call went out so far nothing . Have Waterford girls got what it takes ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Call went out so far nothing . Have Waterford girls got what it takes ?

Not from what I see around the town. The place is full of munters.

• Advertisement

March 3rd: Kildare Reapers
    May 5th: @ Drogheda Lightning
    May 26th: Dublin Dragons
    June 9th: @ Tullamore Phoenix
    June 16th: Meath Bulldogs
    July 14th: @ Mullingar Minotaurs
    July 28th: Tullamore Phoenix
    August 11th: @ Kildare Reapers

On a back pitch think they are lining it not 100 % sure.
    Don't forget next Sunday 1pm RSC , Get out and cheer on the Waterford Wolves in their first competitive American Football fixture. Forecast is good , enjoy !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

Is there a charge in?

No charge a few cent in a bucket collection would be appreciated .

Excellent stuff lads. I'll give ye a shout out tonight on Radio DBSC.

Don't forget next Sunday 1pm RSC , Get out and cheer on the Waterford Wolves in their first competitive American Football fixture. Forecast is good , enjoy !!!!

Excellent stuff. i will pop along myself. Radio DBSC would be very interested in linking up with the Waterford Wolves. We are the fan run radio station that does livestream radio commentary of Waterford United away games. We have a growing listenership and will be on the air tonight from 7.25pm. We will announce the details of Sundays game during our Half time announcements live on air.

You can listen to us here -

www.ustream.tv/channel/radio-dbsc

I hear the council have done a great job lining the pitch for tomorrow . All systems go so .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

They were talking about it on the radio today, it's great to see such support for not only a new team but a new sport. I was hoping to try and get down tomorrow to show a bit of support but I won't get time now. I hope they get a decent turn out.

• Advertisement

For those who can't get there am sure there will be plenty of photos on Waterford Wolves Facebook pages use the one with the Wolves symbol on it .

Advertisement