Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find all ip addresses for a website

Options
  • 14-08-2011 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

I need to find all ip addresses for a certain website. Can this be done?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's a bit of a vague question. You'll need to explain in detail what you're trying to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭{^Syntax^}

<snip>

Or, if you mean common A/CNAME Records you could use something like www.dnscheck.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭irishdude11

Spear wrote: »
    It's a bit of a vague question. You'll need to explain in detail what you're trying to do.

Well, generally 'big' websites can be accessed by many different ip addresses.
    Looking at this page, http://www.hcidata.info/host2ip.cgi, boards.ie can be accessed by these ips for example -

But that page isnt giving all ips for websites, it might give more than one but it is not giving them all. So Im wondering is it possible find all ips for certain websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭{^Syntax^}

Looks like it is possible based on that site you posted - Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the commands used or processes involved to extract that information! Let us know if you find out though.

The only other way I can think of is to, for example, ping www.boards.ie, copy and paste the IP Address into www.ripe.net and it'll give you a list of IP Addresses owned.

Below you can see boards.ie own a /28 public subnet.

inetnum: 89.234.66.96 - 89.234.66.111
    netname: BOARDS-IE
    rev-srv: ns05.digiweb.ie
    descr: boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

I find www.ip-lookup.net very useful

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So Im wondering is it possible find all ips for certain websites.

All of them, no. Any large site will commonly use load balancers or NAT behind a router. You'll see the public IP, but that doesn't guarantee it's the web server IP. You're also at the whim of the DNS server if you're querying that, since it could be geo or load balanced also.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

Plus, some large companies use caching services such as Akamai.

Advertisement