Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pay Scales second level

• 14-08-2011 2:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just a quick question about teacher pay that relates to old scale or new entrants.

I graduated from pe and biology with concurrent education as a secondary school teacher this year. When I'm calculating my pay, i know I take from the points from the scale and then two add ons from the next section. I completed a four year degree, no hdip no pgde, but I do have a teacher qualification. I got a 2.1. Can any one tell me what qualification add ons I am entitled to?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

You did a teacher training degree in PE and Biology.

If you haven't taught before you start on Point 1 of the new scale.

From the allowances you take Honours HDip/PGDE Allowance and Honours Degree Allowance.

Anyone with a degree that includes teacher training that comes out with honours gets both their allowances at honours level.

The new scale is listed below if that is the scale you should be on.

Under the academic qualifications you would get (b)(i) and (e)

http://www.asti.ie/pay-and-conditions/pay/salary-scale/salary-scale-for-teachers-appointed-after-january-2011/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Thanks rainbowtrout - wasnt sure about the hdip or pgde qualification. Thanks for that!

Advertisement