Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling info

Options
  • 14-08-2011 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

well lads i just wanted to know whats the prosess when selling a gun like do you do it through a dealer or can you cut the middle man out and what paperwork is involved, dont really know where to start, any info wud be a great help thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

1shotEd wrote: »
    well lads i just wanted to know whats the prosess when selling a gun like do you do it through a dealer or can you cut the middle man out and what paperwork is involved, dont really know where to start, any info wud be a great help thanks.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67894694&postcount=7

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Just today I completed another sale of a firearm between two private individuals. My son (the seller) and the buyer of his 223. This it about the third time for me to complete a sale of a firearm without using a go-between gun dealer.

the buyer in each and every case MUST get a license for the firearm they intend to buy.

Do it like this to make it all go easy.
    1. Seller writes out a letter that states their address, phone number, "Is selling their firearm to Joe Blogs, and the buyer address", Sellers firearm serial number, Sellers license number for the firearm (from the front of the license).
      The seller MUST state that he will not give the buyer the firearm until the buyer has a license issued for the firearm.
      All neatly on a sheet of paper. Typed out is best.
    2. Seller has the FCA1 form ready and filled in section 3.3 that states for the buyer the "Source of Firearm", with the correct details of the sellers name, address, phone number, and the firearms license number for the firearm (from the front of the license).
    3. Seller gives the letter of sale and FCA1 form to the buyer who will then fill out the rest of the FCA1 form with his details and apply for a license for the firearm.
    4. Buyer gives a deposit on the firearm, about half of the sale price. Which is refundable if buyer does not get the license.
    5. When buyer gets the license for the firearm the sale can be completed.
    Thats about it, easy to complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 1shotEd

Thanks clivej you really know your stuff thats cleared things up alot, now i can get on with selling one of my guns.

Advertisement