Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zyxel model and apple ??

Options
  • 14-08-2011 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭

i have been unsuccessful in getting my computer apple tv and iphone to be compatible
    they all have internet but they dont see each other
    i've
    been through apple support and all settings on my side are correct

avybody have a guide on how to set up router or change settings so I can get my itunes library on my apple tv

i've seen a few threads bemoaning eircoms router so if this is definately the fault can someone let me know .......
    hoping its a settings thing so I dont have to fork out, but have not been able to sort it myself
    cheers for any help,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 schlafshane

From what people are saying online, the Zyxel model is a disaster. I have the same issue as you - it refuses to allow me to connect devices over my network, be it PS3 or iPad.

There's talk that Eircom are going to use new routers, it might be worth giving them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

The issue is caused by the bonjour service queries being blocked by the modem due to apples decision to use irregular protocols. There is a patch floating around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

soundsham wrote: »
    i have been unsuccessful in getting my computer apple tv and iphone to be compatible
    they all have internet but they dont see each other
    i've
    been through apple support and all settings on my side are correct

avybody have a guide on how to set up router or change settings so I can get my itunes library on my apple tv

i've seen a few threads bemoaning eircoms router so if this is definately the fault can someone let me know .......
    hoping its a settings thing so I dont have to fork out, but have not been able to sort it myself
    cheers for any help,

Hi soundsham,

Thanks for post. If you PM me your email, I can send you out a 'config' file which should help with your apple tv setup.. There is a 'readme' file with the instructions, or alternatively, call into Technical Support, and they can do the same.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

From what people are saying online, the Zyxel model is a disaster. I have the same issue as you - it refuses to allow me to connect devices over my network, be it PS3 or iPad.

There's talk that Eircom are going to use new routers, it might be worth giving them a call.

Hi schlafshane,

Thanks for contacting eircom on boards.

If you're having an issue with setting up 'Apple TV' using the Zyxel router, eircom Support can provide a 'config' file, which maybe helpful. If you need to setup a games console, like PS3, the following Support Website gives instructions how to lower the firewall on the router.

'Set up Gaming and your WiFi Gadget' - LINK

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (Mon - Sun).

Let me know if I can help further or PM your email and I can send you out the 'config' file.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement