Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costs of Demolishing stud wall, removing ensuite Bathroom?

Options
  • 14-08-2011 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

I have a two bed apartment with a very small living room that I am considering changing into a 1 bed with a v large living room. I know the cost/resale implications of 1 bed vs. 2 bed and don't plan on selling the property so I'm not concerned about that end of it.

Anyone have ideas on rough estimates for knocking down the walls indicated on the picture below - and removing the ensuite bathroom indicated, along with moving the main bathroom door. I'm thinking this should be a pretty easy job? Would I get away with €5k?

roughplan.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

i very much doubt five k will cover you. there looks to be a lot of small jobs that all add up. a lot will have to do with what spec and how much messing with services that have to be done. realistically id say for a good job you wouldnt be far off doubling the 5. just a rough guess

Advertisement