Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending Package to Brisbane!

Options
  • 14-08-2011 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi all,

Sorry if this is repetitive or in the wrong place. My friend moved to Brisbane Last year and I want to send her a present for her birthday! I also want to include stuff like chocolate, crisp. teabags etc- all stuff that will remind her of home-but my question is am I allowed??

I've watched all those programmes like 'Nothing to Declare' etc so not sure what I can/can't send!

All help much appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

most packaged stuff like what you listed should be fine but the chances are the box will still be opened by customs. used to get stuff mailed on at christmas and you could see that the tape was cut and sometimes they used to leave a flyer in it from customs! as long as theres no seeds or anything like fruit you should be fine. they'll take out anything they think dodgy and let the rest through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Anything commercially packaged will be fine usually. I had a box of Barrys, packets of Taytos and a box of Cadburys Roses posted over to me at Christmas with no drama at all. Meat, fish, seeds, nuts and wooden items are usually what they're looking for (though I'd assume you wouldn't be posting meat or fish over :pac:)

Advertisement