Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Fridge needed

• 14-08-2011 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi my sherpa is in need of a new fridge, dont mind if its mains only. Following specs
    H-69cm
    W-39cm
    D-45cm

Anyone got anything spare or for sale let me know

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

maddiesdad wrote: »
    Hi my sherpa is in need of a new fridge, dont mind if its mains only. Following specs
    H-69cm
    W-39cm
    D-45cm

Is the one in it in bad nick or just not working. It might just need to be turned upside down r might just need a heating element.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 maddiesdad

Thanks Paddy
    Know absolutly nothing about fridges, I have taken it out and will try turning it upside down ?
    Its an Electrolux 122 but must be 30 years old is it worth trying to do anything with it, looks in decent condition
    Gary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Thanks Paddy
    Know absolutly nothing about fridges, I have taken it out and will try turning it upside down ?
    Its an Electrolux 122 but must be 30 years old is it worth trying to do anything with it, looks in decent condition
    Gary

The one my dad had was about the same age and worked fine after inverting and a good shaking. Found a 'proper' procedure on an australian site:
    "Tip onto the boiler side first (the big vertical cylinder) and wait till you hear the gurgling stop, then tip onto the top, again wait till the gurgling stops, tip onto the other side, again wait until the noise stops, then tip back onto the top, tip at a 45* angle and shake it like all buggery, wait till the gurgling stops then tip back onto the boiler side, wait, then back upright.

Wait again until all gurgling has ceased, then turn on"

I'd probably give it longer after turning it upright.

I'd say the heating elements are still available Aidan_M_M would know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

You'd buy a new fridge for not much more than the price of the heating/cooling unit tbh . And you'd have peace of mind all would stay working .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭forsaleireland

H-69cm
    W-39cm
    D-45cm

PM me

• Advertisement
Advertisement