Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a butcher's in Dublin that sells....

Options
  • 14-08-2011 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Wagyu steak?? ( also known as Kobe steak )

Thanks.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭JohnSmith17

Already googled it and got no luck when I rang them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

Already googled it and got no luck when I rang them

Beef from a Hereford cross steer killed in a Larry Goodman plant recently beat Wagyu in a blind taste test in Germany.

LC

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

James Whelan Butchers sell it online. They're based in Clonmel, but they're highly rated.

Also Gourmet Burger Company in Ranelagh sell burgers made from Wagyu beef - I don't know if they'd be willing to share their supplier name with you, but it might be worth asking.

dudara wrote: »
    James Whelan Butchers sell it online. They're based in Clonmel, but they're highly rated.

Also Gourmet Burger Company in Ranelagh sell burgers made from Wagyu beef - I don't know if they'd be willing to share their supplier name with you, but it might be worth asking.
    thank you....

• Advertisement

LostCovey wrote: »
    Beef from a Hereford cross steer killed in a Larry Goodman plant recently beat Wagyu in a blind taste test in Germany.

LC
    Intresting...I just won't to try the infamous "Wagyu" beef

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

The butcher shop in Terenure sells it afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

There's a place in glasthule, can't remember the name

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

olaola wrote: »
    The butcher shop in Terenure sells it afaik.
    Yes, it's the one beside Centra. The wagyu steaks are vacuum packed and frozen... and very expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Edwardfitz

Anyone who thinks a Hereford cross could beat a Wagyu in a beef tasting competition is on something. I got some Wagyu Beef from your man in Kildare for a house party and it was beyond belief. Our visitors licked the plates clean. The Wagyu breeder is somewhere outside Naas. I don't know if he massages them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emco

So how much for a standard 8 or 10 ounce of these then?

30 euro for two 8 ounce steaks from james whelan butchers. They haven't been in stock for months though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

what about cow ribs? I can't find a butcher that does. They all seem to use them for rib roasts (thus cutting them in half from what I can see :()

Advertisement