Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man stabed in Dungarvan

Options
  • 14-08-2011 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Man stabed in Dungarvan yesterday near tyre shop no reports on WLR or is it only another rumour ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

My folks told me about it this evening. Happened in the middle of the day apparently. What I've heard is that the man, who supposedly a Traveller, was stabbed and has died. Also heard that two people were involved in the stabbing, and were supposedly from "the top of the town".

Haven't seen it on any news media as yet, but they were pretty sure it had happened.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Apparently, the traveller isn't dead, which is why it hasn't hit the news yet.

But if he does die, anyone living in dungarvan better prepare for mayhem, I can see their being major problems over all of this yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

I heard the same thing yesterday morning. I was told the victim was stabbed and then had his throat slit in broad daylight (Hearing many different rumors today (Monday), one said he was stabbed in the leg only). Apparently it was related to a fight that happened outside of the chipper on O'Connell street the night before between two members of the travelling community. Not a mention on any news station so far. If he was dead but surely something would have been mentioned on the news if he was, unless they're trying to delay any news getting out while the gardai are investigating...

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

The stabbing happened outside the Spar on o'connell St afaik amd I heard the names of the fella who was stabbed and the fella who done it. Not sure what condition he's in but this kinda stuff will lead to more fellas carrying knives for 'self defence'
    Hopefully the Garda nip this in the bud before it turns into another traveller feud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

A traveller feud is the last thing anyone needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 strokle

This is not a traveller feud because i know the person that has been charged with the stabbing. He was arrested in dungarvan last sunday for assaulting another man. He is just a scumbag and deserves to be locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0815/waterford.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Seems it wasn't a fatal stabbing as was being widely reported around the town at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

strokle wrote: »
    This is not a traveller feud because i know the person that has been charged with the stabbing. He was arrested in dungarvan last sunday for assaulting another man. He is just a scumbag and deserves to be locked up.

So this madman just randomly stabbed someone in Dungarvan town centre in broad daylight?:eek:

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

a little bit of clarification--

traveller stabbed is in serious condition.
    argument over drink/drugs
    took place at junction of oconnel st/keating st (not outside spar!)
    assailant has a record as long as your arm and has stabbed someone before
    assailant is from ABBEYSIDE and is NOT from the "top of the town"

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

That's exactly everything I heard (except the traveller died in the version I got) but I didn't want to post rumours. Can we take it that you can verify these details?

• Advertisement

The rumours in dungarvan on Saturday were that the traveller was killed but he is in a critical condition in hospital I never said this was a random act I know the fella and it has to be over drink or drugs he is from abbeyside and has been in prison before. I'd say he is praying now that the traveller doesn't die because if he does the fella that is in custody will be killed in prison or on the street

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0815/waterford.html
    A 27-year-old man has been arrested and charged in connection with a serious assault on another man in Dungarvan in Co Waterford over the weekend.
    The victim, who received serious injuries, is believed to be in a critical condition in Waterford Regional Hospital.
    The assault took place in the town centre on Saturday.
    The arrested was charged at Portlaoise District Court earlier today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

Why portlaoise district court?

Why do you think? Protection from the travellers that were looking for him in dungarvan!

CLARIFICATION----NO STABBING IN DUNGARVAN. The man was very badly assaulted, but he was NOT stabbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭waterford

Dead man walking in Dungarvan yesterday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭duinegorm

waterford wrote: »
    Dead man walking in Dungarvan yesterday ?

Do you mean the attacker was walking about or the lad who was attacked is out and about?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Okay so, if (yet another) rumor is to be believed, there wasn't actually a stabbing, just a severe beating.

The attacker was moved to portlaoise shortly after the attack for his own protection i'd imagine!

eeloe wrote: »
    Okay so, if (yet another) rumor is to be believed, there wasn't actually a stabbing, just a severe beating.

The attacker was moved to portlaoise shortly after the attack for his own protection i'd imagine!

there was no stabbing p.s. read the news reports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Ahh he only got a severe beating, so that's OK.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

marlin vs wrote: »
    Ahh he only got a severe beating, so that's OK.:rolleyes:

Did someone say that?

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Did someone say that?
    Read it again, I said it.

Why would you think that's ok.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Why would you think that's ok.
    Have a look at the icon in my post,do you not know what they mean.Here i'll show you again.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: do you not get the message.:confused:

A roll eyes symbol suggests that you are sarcastically agreeing with what was said before you.

In my opinion of course. What does it mean to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭duinegorm

marlin vs wrote: »
    Have a look at the icon in my post,do you not know what they mean.Here i'll show you again.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: do you not get the message.:confused:

Your making perfect sense to me and the multiple smiley icons give the impression that you must be in the right. :rolleyes:

See what I did there!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭the roo

eeloe wrote: »

The district courts take their summer break for the month of August, no court sits their normal times. they normally have special sittings of courts to deal with important matters during the month. i would imagine the portlaoise court was probably the special sitting so the gardai could charge the suspect to that court for a judge to deal with the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

I live around the area and the man WAS stabbed but is now out of hospital. As far as I know the guy who did it is in prison at the moment awaiting a sitting of the Court because they are on the August break and that's the only reason it was held in Portlaoise.

Also heard a rumour that if the guy who was stabbed had died then there wouldhave been plenty of reason to have been worried around Dungarvan but that hasn't happened thankfully.

he wasnt stabbed and the guy who did it was and is walking around. Both he and his girlfriend, who were renting privately, got thrown out of their house last weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 mcabe

how come no one is talking about the 20 year old man from cork that was stabbed in dungarvan two and a half weeks ago and died from it,it happened early sunday morning..i didnt know the guy that well but know the family and there in absolute bits

Advertisement