Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Season

• 14-08-2011 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hey, I was just wondering what the date the new RTE radio season is out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

What new RTÉ radio season???

• Registered Users Posts: 32 The Fame

Bard wrote: »
    What new RTÉ radio season???

I just assumed that there's a new season as there is every august?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The Fame wrote: »
    I just assumed that there's a new season as there is every august?

I thought that was just TV...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,594 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I believe the radio "seasons" last a lot longer and are generally announced when there's a lineup change. Not much changes otherwise

http://www.rte.ie/radio/newseason/ seems to suggest the current one isn't 'over' yet. It dates from shortly after Gerry Ryan's death.

Well if I remember correctly there was a new radio season in 2009 as well, as most August's previously?! I could be wrong so I do apologise :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Well if I remember correctly there was a new radio season in 2009 as well, as most August's previously?! I could be wrong so I do apologise :)

No need to apologise. Like most of us we're so used to RTE's Radio line-up been tweeked at this time of the year. God knows 2fm is crying out for a serious shake up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Apparently the new season is to be announced on Thursday. I doubt that there will be any major changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Donahg

Zig and zag to get breakfast, Colm hayes moving to late afternoons doing music, Tubridy extended to 3 hours, Tommy and Hector back at weekends.

Donahg wrote: »
    Zig and zag to get breakfast, Colm hayes moving to late afternoons doing music, Tubridy extended to 3 hours, Tommy and Hector back at weekends.

Is this what's actually going to happen, or is it what you think should happen?

Well it's not the first time I've heard about Tommy and Hector returning but really Zig and Zag for breakfast??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Well it's not the first time I've heard about Tommy and Hector returning but really Zig and Zag for breakfast??:confused:

To the accompanyment of SNAP CRACKLEAND POP. Count me out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I've wiped it off my presets for 4fm in the car. Its a shame really because it should be so much better.

I thought the new season was to be released today??

I thought the new season was to be released today??

The same question was asked on another forum and the answer given was today. I assumed the person giving the answer was in a position to know, but looks like I was wrong.

I wonder will it be released tomorrow or on Monday. I saw that TV3 were announcing their schedule today, maybe there would have been a conflict?!

The new season is out and the big news is...there is no news.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/newseason/

Damien Fettiter is the new presenter of the History Show, Myles is off to the University of California at Berkeley for a spell teaching history. Eileen Dunne will present "The God Slot" on Friday nights. And Charlie Bird instead of the Saturday View.

That's about it I think...on yeah, you'll be glad to hear everyone else is coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Rubik. wrote: »
    you'll be glad to hear everyone else is coming back.
    Not if the returnees include the scandalously overpaid Marian Finucane, the banal Claire Byrne, the shrill Mary Wilson, the weak Charlie Bird..................

................................and don't get me started on 2FM................

bureau2009 wrote: »
    Not if the returnees include the scandalously overpaid Marian Finucane, the banal Claire Byrne, the shrill Mary Wilson, the weak Charlie Bird..................

................................and don't get me started on 2FM................

They are trying to make up for that fact that there are no real changes by telling us with great gusto that those who were never even vaguely not going to return, are in fact returning. I forgot to stick this ":rolleyes:" on the end.

One of those who really, really should not be coming back is Claire Byrne to the Late Debate.

"Ireland's foremost evening current-affairs programme, will return with highly-acclaimed broadcaster Claire Byrne. Claire expertly steered the programme through Election 2011 and will arrive fresh to Late Debate from her summer stint on The Marian Finucane Show."

Who writes this crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Rubik. wrote: »
    And Charlie Bird instead of the Saturday View.

This is an extremely short-sighted and stupid decision. Saturday View was an excellent show, ably anchored by Rodney Rice, and more recently, by Rachel English. Both of whom are/were excellent broadcasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

RTE "new" season?

They really do lay on the bells and whistles when Maid Marion returns from her spring and summer break for that back-breaking four hours a week air-time they force her to fill between holidays and ..ahem, illness breaks.

She should take the pay cut and run for the Aras, that would show them...still 26 degrees in Tuscany and Her Heiney being dragged back to Montrose with her arse barely tanned. Scandalous!

Charlie Bird with a "Scrap Saturday" effort (he should hope!)......thought he wasn't doing any more comedy following his "Home Alone in Washington" skit on TV.

I'm sure the presenters of Saturday View are delighted such genius has been appointed to fill the one o'clock slot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement