Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrasslers XXXX in bottles

Options
  • 14-08-2011 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭

Finding this very hard to get, most places have their whole range apart from this for some reason, including Plain which is average in comparison to it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

I suspect they're not bottling as much of it as some of the other brews as it's not as widely stocked although I haven't had much trouble getting it. I'd have to say it doesn't seem to take well to bottling though - the draught would be one of my favorite beers but the bottled version tastes quite different. Conversely I wouldn't be wild about the Oyster Stout on draught but I'm quite partial to it in bottle - has a certain liveliness to it that I wouldn't usually associate with stouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

Drinkstore (the actual store in Stoneybatter) has it, so do Baggot Street Wines and Molloys in D8. I think Whelan's offie has it as well. What part of Dublin are you in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Its a pity they don't bottle more, its by far the nicest thing they make, they should make it their default stout instead of Plain.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

You can buy them in the pubs to takeout for €2.50 a go, though that is a bit expensive.

Couldn't see them changing it to their "default" stout though as it's far easier to convert Guinness drinkers with Plain or Oyster than with Wrasslers.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

I'd agree on that one. Wrasslers is really full of flavour, and it can be off-putting for many. And from a cynical, business point of view, the PH in Temple Bar has to have something vaguely close to Guinness, even though it breaks me heart whenever I heard someone asking for it.

But yeah, one of their best brews.

• Advertisement
Advertisement