Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatcheese.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

livingsocial and grabone links not working for me recently

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lorraine9021

Does anyone want to come on the Joe Duffy show and highlight the issues they are having with Fatcheese?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Requested money transfer to my bank account on July 24th, paid to bank account on August 1st.

dudara wrote: »
    It is summer - so maybe people are on holidays (especially important when something is a small enterprise).

Anyway - I know that they engage a lot on Twitter, so maybe a message to them via that channel might get you somewhere.

I have never had ANY response from them in any of the 7 claims I raised!! I am owed €185 for purchasing Sky through them, I am owed this money since April!!! I have also tried to contact them on Facebook (no resoonse) I tried that email address that was posted on here (no response!) It just says "pending" on my account. It's gone beyond just bad customer service at this stage. It's <SNIP> people. I was promised €185 Cashback in return for signing up to Sky, I kept my end of the deal, Fatcheese have not kept theirs or even had the manners to respond to my numerous claims. If they can't pay the Cashback they should just shut down the website and stop <SNIP>

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Finally got my UPC cash back thanks to a Boardsie who was able to get things moving along.

Never again will I use FatCheese. The amount of stuff that I went through that site for and the clicks never registered is scandalous.
    How did Boards.ie help you? I could do with some help. I am owed €185 Cashback since April and they have never responded to any of my 7 raised claims!

• Advertisement

How did Boards.ie help you? I could do with some help. I am owed €185 Cashback since April and they have never responded to any of my 7 raised claims!

Thank you for your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

At a complete stop now. Have tried contacting numerous people regarding my cashback from 2 Apple transactions dated Nov/Dec 2012. This is a joke! No idea what to do now. Not a single one of my 5+ tickets were replied to.

Was contacted by a journo from the irish Independent about this. Must be getting some publicity! She wanted me to ask whether anyone here would be willing to share their story with her.

Was passed on an email address to contact her. If anyone is interested, drop me a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Was contacted by a journo from the irish Independent about this. Must be getting some publicity! She wanted me to ask whether anyone here would be willing to share their story with her.

I would probably be willing to do it if 1) my transaction hadn't gone through and 2) if I could stay anonymous.

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I would probably be willing to do it if 1) my transaction hadn't gone through and 2) if I could stay anonymous.

Doubt anonymity would be an issue. Hoping not anyway. Made it clear that I wasn't comfortable being a focal point of the story.

Drop me a PM if you want contact info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,132 ✭✭✭✭muffler

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Ask her does she want to do a piece on fatcheese. Discounts and freebies on Pigsback are one thing but people waiting on hard cash is a lot more serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

muffler wrote: »
    Ask her does she want to do a piece on fatcheese. Discounts and freebies on Pigsback are one thing but people waiting on hard cash is a lot more serious.

It is about fatcheese, isn't it? Can't see anyone saying its about pigsback.

It is about fatcheese, isn't it? Can't see anyone saying its about pigsback.
    Doh :o

Should have gone to specsavers

sweetie wrote: »
    There was a delay but many people including myself recently got paid in full.

Are you speaking on behalf of Fatcheese? Why can't Fatcheese come on here and give an official explanation for the reason they are not paying people there long overdue Cashback and not responding to numerous tickets people are leaving? It's gone well beyond just bad customer service at this stage! And people can make up their own minds as to what's really going on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Are you speaking on behalf of Fatcheese? Why can't Fatcheese come on here and give an official explanation for the reason they are not paying people there long overdue Cashback and not responding to numerous tickets people are leaving? It's gone well beyond just bad customer service at this stage! And people can make up their own minds as to what's really going on!!!

Lorraine the mods have already said that reps can only use a verified rep account on here.
    They are also not obliged to come on here and give you an explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

no just on behalf of myself as a reasonably happy user who has received over 600 euro since I started using the site.

Are you speaking on behalf of Fatcheese? Why can't Fatcheese come on here and give an official explanation for the reason they are not paying people there long overdue Cashback
    You see that would involve having to get a verified rep account which would mean they have to pay out money.

So can you really see someone paying money for the privilege of of explaining why they dont pay out money? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

They are also not obliged to come on here and give you an explanation.

That's true.

Though if my personal and professional reputation were the subject of protracted discussion on a (tightly-moderated) site such as this, I'd take the opportunity to engage with it & consider that money well spent. Then again, I also wouldn't circulate an email address at which I can be contacted directly (complaints@Fatcheese.ie), only to subsequently ignore all communication sent to same. So perhaps Ahmed & I see the world in different ways. When you're in a hole, quit digging.

Leaving the Boards angle aside, they're most certainly obliged to reply to customer queries via their own site in a reasonable time-frame.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    That's true.

Though if my personal and professional reputation were the subject of protracted discussion on a (tightly-moderated) site such as this, I'd take the opportunity to engage with it & consider that money well spent. Then again, I also wouldn't circulate an email address at which I can be contacted directly (complaints@Fatcheese.ie), only to subsequently ignore all communication sent to same. So perhaps Ahmed & I see the world in different ways. When you're in a hole, quit digging.

Leaving the Boards angle aside, they're most certainly obliged to reply to customer queries via their own site in a reasonable time-frame.

I was also going to reply to this same message, but u put it perfectly, I couldn't have said it better myself!! :)

Yamanoto wrote: »
    That's true.

I purposely put in the word 'here' as Lorraine seems to be under the impression they should be on Boards explaining all.
    I'm not talking about their obligations via their own website.

• Advertisement

I purposely put in the word 'here' as Lorraine seems to be under the impression they should be on Boards explaining all.
    I'm not talking about their obligations via their own website.

No they don't "have" to come on here and explain themselves, but if it was my company and I had so many of my customers posting on here about the extremely bad customer service they were getting from my company, I would be on here offering an explanation and some hope of people actually getting the money they were promised!!!! It's the very same as in a court of law, the guilty rarely take the stand!!!

No they don't "have" to come on here and explain themselves, but if it was my company and I had so many of my customers posting on here about the extremely bad customer service they were getting from my company, I would be on here offering an explanation and some hope of people actually getting the money they were promised!!!! It's the very same as in a court of law, the guilty rarely take the stand!!!

Eh...they already did this and they were asked to get a rep account. People have been getting their money too since then.

Eh...they already did this and they were asked to get a rep account. People have been getting their money too since then.

Some have. Many still haven't, including myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

i still dont have for hotels.com claim is already 2 mths old no reply.

They didn't try very hard to get a "rep account". If my company was getting bad press on here I'd get that "rep account" sorted ASAP!!
    I still haven't got paid my overdue Cashback of €185! It's overdue since April and not one if my 7 raised claims have been answered!!

lorraine9021 - for the sake of clarity, are you waiting for a cashback to be credited to your Fatcheese account, or are you waiting on a cash transfer to your bank account?

If you're waiting for a cashback to be credited, it's worth knowing that they can take quite a while to be credited. For instance, I've seen ones take 6 months to get credited to my account. I'm still waiting on a Netflix one from Nov. But they usually do come through eventually.

Either way though, there's no real excuse for the lack of response to tickets/claims raised via their own website

dudara wrote: »
    lorraine9021 - for the sake of clarity, are you waiting for a cashback to be credited to your Fatcheese account, or are you waiting on a cash transfer to your bank account?

If you're waiting for a cashback to be credited, it's worth knowing that they can take quite a while to be credited. For instance, I've seen ones take 6 months to get credited to my account. I'm still waiting on a Netflix one from Nov. But they usually do come through eventually.

Either way though, there's no real excuse for the lack of response to tickets/claims raised via their own website[/quote

To clarify, I am waiting for the Cashback to be credited to my Fatcheese account. I put through the order for Sky back in January 2013. When I put through the order for Sky the Cashback amount was €185, but as soon as the order went through I checked my Fatcheese account and a Cashback of only €135 was pending, €50 less than promised!!! I immediately contacted Fatcheese about this... 7 raised tickets later and I still haven't received a response or my Cashback. I hope this clarifies!!

Lorraine the sky cash backs are on a sliding scale depending on the package you subscribe to. €150 is the max amount.

Lorraine the sky cash backs are on a sliding scale depending on the package you subscribe to. €150 is the max amount.

Well why was €185 advertised on the Fatcheese website then? Maybe you can answer this as you obviously work for and are defending Fatcheese?!

• Advertisement

Maybe you can answer this as you obviously work for and are defending Fatcheese?!

Not everyone who posts something about a company works for them. This kind of comment really irritates people who are just trying to help.

dudara

Advertisement