Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatcheese.ie

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

In April ill be 2 years trying to get money owed out of them so if anyone has a way to get in touch with them id appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I have a payment pending since Xmas Eve and still no movement on it. I chose to have it sent to PayPal.
    Got an email last week informing me they had sent an e-cheque and the completion date is Feb 20th.

So far, nothing. It hasn't cleared and there has been no update on my account (either PayPal or FatCheese!) so we'll see when it clears into my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I raised a claim in August after a Debenhams transaction failed to track. Just got a tracking confirmation yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

dudara wrote: »
    I raised a claim in August after a Debenhams transaction failed to track. Just got a tracking confirmation yesterday.

You're lucky Dudara, I submitted a claim on the 2nd of January 2012 (yes that is 2012 not a typo!!!) and I haven't heard anything... I've given up!

I get the impression they are looking after new queries and ignoring older ones and hoping they go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Have had a few click-through's not working with them recently. Their customer service is a complete joke of a setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lorraine9021

Maybe "humanji" is right!!? Maybe we are waisting our time here on Boards.ie!! Wr should all contact the consumer rights organisation, go to the papers and Joe Duffy! There is strength in numbers! They shouldn't still be allowed to do business when they have not paid out the "Cashback" they promised to all the customers that have complained on here and God only knows how many are in the same boat as us and haven't posted here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Are these guys gone to pot altogether? Is there any way to submit a ticket or contact them anymore? Every time I try to submit a ticket, my message seems to disappear after I hit the submit button. What's going on there?

I have a payment pending since 22nd September last year. I doubt they're ever going to cough up, but it would be nice to get an explanation from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Are these guys gone to pot altogether? Is there any way to submit a ticket or contact them anymore? Every time I try to submit a ticket, my message seems to disappear after I hit the submit button. What's going on there?

I have a payment pending since 22nd September last year. I doubt they're ever going to cough up, but it would be nice to get an explanation from them.
    I've stuff pending as far back as September 2012. Nothing seems to track anymore. Made a withdrawal 2 weeks ago that's still pending. Used to only take a couple of days. Reckon it's the end of them. Only noticed BeThrifty is gone now too

I've stuff pending as far back as September 2012. Nothing seems to track anymore. Made a withdrawal 2 weeks ago that's still pending. Used to only take a couple of days. Reckon it's the end of them. Only noticed BeThrifty is gone now too

Well WHY are they still operating if they are "gone"??! They are well able to "operate" when the customers are signing up with them and making purchases through the Fatcheese website, the issue only seems to arise when the customers are due their Cashback! That website should be shut down. I'm going to the papers, anyone with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I got another hundred euro back about two weeks ago, so they do pay out. In total now I've gotten well over four hundred euro off them.
    I don't see the point of all the outrage or going to Joe Duffy or the papers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm going to the papers, anyone with me?

The chances of any of them caring are close to nil.

And still being ignored......

or about to go under......

<SNIP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I got another hundred euro back about two weeks ago, so they do pay out. In total now I've gotten well over four hundred euro off them.

Let's put Joe Duffy to one side for a moment (wishful thinking).

Now it's understandable that you yourself don't have issues with the company, as you're in the fortunate position that your purchases have clearly tracked & paid out, even if you may possibly have had to wait a while. But here's the thing - if you do encounter a problem at some stage that actually requires intervention or explanation at the Fatcheese end, there's no reply to what are perfectly reasonable questions.......ever.

Can you not understand why that may prove an annoyance for some?

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Let's put Joe Duffy to one side for a moment (wishful thinking).

Now it's understandable that you yourself don't have issues with the company, as you're in the fortunate position that your purchases have clearly tracked & paid out, even if you may possibly have had to wait a while. But here's the thing - if you do encounter a problem at some stage that actually requires intervention or explanation at the Fatcheese end, there's no reply to what are perfectly reasonable questions.......ever.

Can you not understand why that may prove an annoyance for some?

It's a discretionary service though, no cashback is a guarantee
    I've always considered it free money that I may get from purchasing other items - I've never bought items just to get the cashback.
    I've had problems, logged tickets, waited for lengthy time periods for answers and payouts too - but I've never had a wobbler or felt the need to make massive accusations against the company.

You don't see why someone would be outraged if they signed up for an extra HD package with Sky costing them an extra €180 with the promise from Fatcheese that they would pay €135 that they never paid? (Meanwhile I was tied into a years contract that I never would have signed up for if it wasn't for Farheese's "promise of Cashback"! You don't see why someone would be outraged if they contacted Fatcheese by email, Facebook, and raised eight tickets over Cashback that was supposed to be paid back in March 2013, not ONCE have Fatcheese contacted me back! (and I checked with Sky, Fatcheese have been paid by Sky, they just never passed on the payment to me as promised, a common move with Fatchese!) What exactly would it take for you to get "outraged"?! And I will be contacting the papers, Joe Duffy and the consumer rights organisation about this tommorow. Fatcheese need to be shutdown.

You don't see why someone would be outraged if they signed up for an extra HD package with Sky costing them an extra €180 with the promise from Fatcheese that they would pay €135 that they never paid? (Meanwhile I was tied into a years contract that I never would have signed up for if it wasn't for Farheese's "promise of Cashback"! You don't see why someone would be outraged if they contacted Fatcheese by email, Facebook, and raised eight tickets over Cashback that was supposed to be paid back in March 2013, not ONCE have Fatcheese contacted me back! (and I checked with Sky, Fatcheese have been paid by Sky, they just never passed on the payment to me as promised, a common move with Fatchese!) What exactly would it take for you to get "outraged"?! And I will be contacting the papers, Joe Duffy and the consumer rights organisation about this tommorow. Fatcheese need to be shutdown.

Lorraine I'm not getting into a debate with you about this I've already explained my stance on the matter in my previous post and I've yet to see why anyone would be so wound up as to start ringing the papers and Duffy about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

It's a discretionary service though, no cashback is a guarantee

No but a reply to a ticket is.....allegedly.

It's been almost 11 months since Ahmed asked for a short time to establish a dedicated customer support team & 'personally guaranteed' that any outstanding tickets or claims would be addressed.Your own reply to Ahmed's missive was that you couldn't understand why folks were so annoyed, as "they have admitted things went wrong they are now trying to fix it".

Given the context it's a touch ironic that I'm asking you again, can you not understand why the failure to reply to members queries may prove an annoyance to some?

Yamanoto wrote: »
    No but a reply to a ticket is.....allegedly.

It's been almost 11 months since Ahmed asked for a short time to establish a dedicated customer support team & 'personally guaranteed' that any outstanding tickets or claims would be addressed.Your own reply to Ahmed's missive was that you couldn't understand why folks were so annoyed, as "they have admitted things went wrong they are now trying to fix it".

Given the context it's a touch ironic that I'm asking you again, can you not understand why the failure to reply to members queries may prove an annoyance to some?

Annoyance yes, but calling for blood? Life is too short tbh

Annoyance yes, but calling for blood? Life is too short tbh

I'm not "calling for blood", I'm simply going to raise awareness of what Fatcheese promises and what Fatcheese actually delivers on said promises. It will be up to the Consimer Rights Assosiation to decide whether or not it's all harmless (like you have decided) I find your assessment of their practices baffling and defies logic to me! I'm not going to post on here anymore, I'm taking my grieviences with Fatcheese to the relevant authority's and they can deal with them accordingly since Fatcheese refuse to respond to me in any of the tickets, emails, Facebook messages. Justice will be done! The days of Fatcheese not paying out the promised Cashbacks (which works out very well for them financially!!) are coming to an end!! 😉

You really don't seem to understand how cashback sites work, nor the correct agencies to complain to (who exactly are the "Consumer Rights Association"? Add that to the complaining to the Ombudsman bit).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Has anyone ACTUALLY successfully made any communication with them?
    They 'paid out' but I wasn't in the country to 'accept' it from PayPal (never realised I had to accept, just figured it would be there!) so they took it back and I've heard nothing since!

MYOB wrote: »
    You really don't seem to understand how cashback sites work, nor the correct agencies to complain to (who exactly are the "Consumer Rights Association"? Add that to the complaining to the Ombudsman bit).

You never heard of the concept that consumers actually have rights? Or that there are non profit companies set up to protect the consumer? Haha.

MYOB wrote: »

Also, do you work for Fatcheese by any chance??! Your defence of them is highly suspicious in light of their bad (to say the least, I'd accuse them of more but it would just be cut out!!) business practices. !!!

You never heard of the concept that consumers actually have rights? Or that there are non profit companies set up to protect the consumer? Haha.

There are - you just don't have a clue who they are. In this case, you aren't even a consumer of Fatcheese realistically - its your own fault you took on a Sky contract, not theirs.
    Also, do you work for Fatcheese by any chance??! Your defence of them is highly suspicious in light of their bad (to say the least, I'd accuse them of more but it would just be cut out!!) business practices. !!!

No, I'm not. I'm just a realist - something you're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@lorraine9201 please don't accuse posters of working for the company. That will rapidly lose you sympathy.

I don't think that Fatcheese have violated any of the T&CS that you signed up to (although I'm happy to be corrected). It's a slow service, but it has always worked for me personally.

Has anyone had any problem getting a response from Fatcheese in the last few weeks.

I'm overdue a payment of €90 and raised a ticket last week.

I also bought car hire and it wasnt allocated to my account and raised a claim.

I've had no response from them.

Is there an email address/phone number I can contact them on ?

You'd get through to Santa quicker!!

dudara wrote: »
    @lorraine9201 please don't accuse posters of working for the company. That will rapidly lose you sympathy.

I don't think that Fatcheese have violated any of the T&CS that you signed up to (although I'm happy to be corrected). It's a slow service, but it has always worked for me personally.

I don't want "sympathy" I want to raise awareness about this company so others don't get caught! They absolutely have violated the T&C's! I was told that after being with Sky 3 months I would get €185 Cashback (due in March 2013!) It didn't state that I MIGHT get Cashback! But I'll broaden my field of informing people and go to the papers, radio, and The National Consumer Agency!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

I don't want "sympathy" I want to raise awareness about this company so others don't get caught! They absolutely have violated the T&C's! I was told that after being with Sky 3 months I would get €185 Cashback (due in March 2013!) It didn't state that I MIGHT get Cashback! But I'll broaden my field of informing people and go to the papers, radio, and The National Consumer Agency!!

I take it the Consumer Rights Association weren't much help?

Lorraine you've also violated the t&c's, it states very clearly that if you have any disputes you send a letter to their offices in London, it also very clearly states that members ( that would be you in this case) are not to contact the affiliates (that would be Sky). Which you have said numerous times that you have done.
    Technically now because you have breached the terms you're not really entitled to use that against them as it would be a bit hypocritical, wouldn't it?

Also, the terms do say, and I'm sick to the back teeth of saying this, that the cash back is not guaranteed and is a discretionary payment. I think I quoted the relevant clauses before in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Lorraine you've also violated the t&c's, it states very clearly that if you have any disputes you send a letter to their offices in London, it also very clearly states that members ( that would be you in this case) are not to contact the affiliates (that would be Sky). Which you have said numerous times that you have done.
    Technically now because you have breached the terms you're not really entitled to use that against them as it would be a bit hypocritical, wouldn't it?

Also, the terms do say, and I'm sick to the back teeth of saying this, that the cash back is not guaranteed and is a discretionary payment. I think I quoted the relevant clauses before in this thread.

Yep
    The cashback is offered and paid by Fatcheese. Our retail partners should not be contacted at any time in relation to cashback offered by Fatcheese. If you have any queries regarding cashback please contact Fatcheese directly.

and
    Cashback rewards awarded to Members are subject to adjustments for returns, cancellations, and other events. Such adjustments can be applied to Member accounts at any time by Fatcheese at its sole discretion. Should you disagree with any adjustments made to your account, your sole remedy is to withdraw from the Program.

Source

As for me personally, any time a purchase tracked successfully I was paid (eventually!) .. If it didn't track then I left it at that.

The way I see it, it's money I didn't have in the first place, definitely worth a gamble for the sake of an extra click or two when making a purchase.

But I definitely wouldn't let the possibility of cashback influence my purchases.

Advertisement