Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatcheese.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lorraine9021

Yep

and

Source

As for me personally, any time a purchase tracked successfully I was paid (eventually!) .. If it didn't track then I left it at that.

The way I see it, it's money I didn't have in the first place, definitely worth a gamble for the sake of an extra click or two when making a purchase.

But I definitely wouldn't let the possibility of cashback influence my purchases.

Yea after contacting Fatcheese 8 times and emailing them and contacting them on Facebook and not getting a response yes I did contact Sky! As usual the "T&C's" are not made clear in the BIG print!!! I am only finding out now I wasn't allowed to contact Sky!!!! And that the payment wasn't guaranteed. Anyway I will be contacting the consumer protection agency first thing tomorrow and they can decide if their business practices are ethical !! :)

I take it the Consumer Rights Association weren't much help?

I'm contacting them in the morning!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

the consumer protection agency

The who?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Lorraine you've also violated the t&c's, it states very clearly that if you have any disputes you send a letter to their offices in London, it also very clearly states that members ( that would be you in this case) are not to contact the affiliates (that would be Sky). Which you have said numerous times that you have done.
    Technically now because you have breached the terms you're not really entitled to use that against them as it would be a bit hypocritical, wouldn't it?

Also, the terms do say, and I'm sick to the back teeth of saying this, that the cash back is not guaranteed and is a discretionary payment. I think I quoted the relevant clauses before in this thread.

So Fatchance ignore you, pocket the money you should receive, and you should settle for this and obey their T&C?

Rubbish. FC have breached their contract with you rendering it null and void.

The best course of action when Fatchance default is to first contact them, wait a bit, then if they don't pay you contact the retailer directly, complain about FC's breach of contract and ask them why you haven't been paid if they've paid FC.

In my experience retailers are quite interested in cashback agencies who try to pocket funds instead of paying the customer. They're very good at getting results when you give them the facts clearly. In almost all cases you'll get paid by them directly. But more importantly they'll chase FC for an explanation and in some cases even cancel their contracts with FC - which FC hate of course.

The more contracts FC lose and the more flak they get for their unethical behaviour, the sooner they'll start respecting their customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

The way I see it, it's money I didn't have in the first place, definitely worth a gamble for the sake of an extra click or two when making a purchase.

Your account's clearly been hacked, only rational explanation for this...

438px-Korea_Traffic_Safety_Sign_-_Mandatory_-_311_U_Turn.svg.png
    Some of you may say, "well it's money I never had in the first place, so it doesn't really matter" but you're wrong, it IS your money, you purchased goods & services on the condition that you would receive a percentage cashback.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84734330&postcount=214

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@Yamanoto - No need for that kind of nitpicking, it doesn't add much to the conversation.

dudara

My intention wasn't to nitpick dudara, though maybe the U-turn sign was labouring the point.

I do think however that it's perfectly reasonable to highlight inconsistency in a posters position and in the case of the above, that contradiction could not be more pronounced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Yamanoto wrote: »
    My intention wasn't to nitpick dudara, though maybe the U-turn sign was labouring the point.

I do think however that it's perfectly reasonable to highlight inconsistency in a posters position and in the case of the above, that contradiction could not be more pronounced.

No it's a fair point, I made that first post a long time ago before I had received ANY cashback and before I had read the terms and conditions.

Obviously having received cashback (eventually) makes me look at fatcheese more favourably, but to be fair they cover themselves pretty well in the terms and conditions.

I still think you're entitled to any confirmed cashback that's pending withdrawl, but as for tracking issues or cancelled cashback there's not a lot you can do.

For tracking issues or cancelled cashback there's not a lot you can do.

No you can contact the retailer directly. You're perfectly entitled to when FC breach their own T&C.

Most retailers won't realistically give a damn, or want to hear from you. Very few of them would even know who Fatcheese are, as they'll be dealing with an intermediary.

• Advertisement

MYOB wrote: »
    Most retailers won't realistically give a damn, or want to hear from you. Very few of them would even know who Fatcheese are, as they'll be dealing with an intermediary.

No that's wrong. The retailers do know if they've advertised their products this way. In almost all cases you'll get paid by them directly. I speak from experience.

But more importantly they'll also chase FC (yes through their affiliate agents) for an explanation and in some cases even cancel their contracts with FC - which FC hate of course. But the more contracts FC lose and the more flak they get for their unethical behaviour, the sooner they'll start respecting their customers.

No that's wrong. The retailers do know if they've advertised their products this way. In almost all cases you'll get paid by them directly. I speak from experience.

From previous posts on here, FC use AffilateWindow as their intermediary for nearly everything so no, the retailers won't know who they are and any complaints will go in to the round file unless correctly placed.

Realistically, 99% of untracked claims are due to people cocking up themselves anyway.

MYOB wrote: »
    From previous posts on here, FC use AffilateWindow as their intermediary for nearly everything so no, the retailers won't know who they are and any complaints will go in to the round file unless correctly placed.

Realistically, 99% of untracked claims are due to people cocking up themselves anyway.

Even using affiliate window, each retailer has to individually accept FC as an affiliate but you're right, emailing them wont do much.

If you really wanted to hit them, I'd go to affiliate window and complain there. They have the power to suspend FC's account. In fact, when we threatened to do this last Summer I remember Ahmed signed up to boards and asked us not to (I was subsequently paid out very quickly)

Although to be honest I wouldn't recommend this, FC now states in they're T&C's that you're not allowed to do this. It would be bad for all of us as pending cashback may be lost.

I don't think it's fair to suggest Fatcheese are pocketing cashback though.

If it says cashback is pending, it means FC haven't received it from retailer yet. At this point it's subject to cancellation. There's only a problem when you have confirmed cashback that's pending withdrawal, as you're waiting for FC to process it.
    The second a payment comes into our bank account the transactions automatically get processed for that payment so if it's pending it just means we're still waiting to be paid. All member cashback is actually held in a separate account which we never touch so we'd never spend "your" money.

If you really wanted to hit them, I'd go to affiliate window and complain there. They have the power to suspend FC's account. In fact, when we threatened to do this last Summer I remember Ahmed signed up to boards and asked us not to (I was subsequently paid out very quickly)

You were lucky, in that you managed to correspond with Ahmed directly.

I just wonder if you think that may have had a bearing on your pending payments subsequently being processed?

He did provide an email address which he said would get to him directly, though to the best of my knowledge not a single soul who contacted him received a reply. Affiliate Window naturally appeared wary of getting involved in the affairs of Ahmed Taman-Uz Zaman when I got in touch, making it quite clear they were not his representatives.

If you really wanted to hit them, I'd go to affiliate window and complain there.

Although to be honest I wouldn't recommend this, FC now states in they're T&C's that you're not allowed to do this. It would be bad for all of us as pending cashback may be lost.

AW will ignore you. They don't care. But the retailers are paying the piper and they actually do.

Yes the retailers might not know who Fatcheese are. They use an affiliate agent like AW to manage the FC's of this world. But they know that they've advertised their products through cashback promotions. If they hear that their customers are not getting paid from the monies they've paid out to advertise this way, of course they'll follow it up like any business would.

In almost all cases you'll get paid by the retailer --- but...
    1) You have to follow the correct procedure with FC first
    2) then wait as I said a reasonable time
    3) then and only then if when FC fail to respond contact the retailer.

It does work. Trust me.

And don't be afraid of FC's T&C's telling you not to do this. If they have breached their own T&C by inter alia not responding to your emails and tickets then you are perfectly entitled to do so. FC hate it yes - but that's because it shows them up to the retailers.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    I just wonder if you think that may have had a bearing on your pending payments subsequently being processed?

Nope definitely not, my payments went from pending to confirmed before this. I had requested payout about 2 months before contacting him.

Bare in mind this was last Summer, since then I've made 3 withdrawals, 1 took 5 days after emailing him asking if he wouldn't mind speeding up the process, another was paid out the next day, and the 3rd took almost a month. I definitely think the service has improved a lot since then all things considered.

Now as for affiliate window, it depends who you talk to. Your best bet is still to go to the account manager for the particular retailer you haven't received cashback from. If you go directly to the retailer it's likely they wont know who you're talking about.

As far as I can remember, most retailers have an affiliate window email address
    eg. debenhams@afffiliatewindow.com , johnlewis@affiliatewindow.com

• Registered Users Posts: 46,130 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I packed all in with Fatcheese as I couldnt be arsed chasing them any more. I had cashback due for over a year from places like The Hut and Zavvi.

I have been using an alternative English based site and they work on a points basis with the points being redeemable against hundreds of different items including cash vouchers for Argos, Asda etc.

The big factor I found that unlike Fc the points are awarded within 6 weeks max.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Are you allowed to mention the site or is that against rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,130 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Are you allowed to mention the site or is that against rules?
    I dont really see why not as I have no affiliation. Its Maximiles.

The only thing is that Im not sure if its open to ROI residents. I use a NI address but if you have a quick read through the T & Cs it should say. They also have a good online cs support where a reply to this query would be received the same day and sometimes instantly

If you go directly to the retailer it's likely they wont know who you're talking about.

Maybe not but as we said...

...the retailers might not know who Fatcheese are. They use an affiliate agent like AW to manage the FC's of this world. But they know that they've advertised their products through cashback promotions. If they hear that their customers are not getting paid from the monies they've paid out to advertise this way, of course they'll follow it up like any business would and you stand a very good chance of getting paid and giving FC a well earned kick.

• Advertisement

AW will ignore you. They don't care. But the retailers are paying the piper and they actually do.

Yes the retailers might not know who Fatcheese are. They use an affiliate agent like AW to manage the FC's of this world. But they know that they've advertised their products through cashback promotions. If they hear that their customers are not getting paid from the monies they've paid out to advertise this way, of course they'll follow it up like any business would.

In almost all cases you'll get paid by the retailer --- but...
    1) You have to follow the correct procedure with FC first
    2) then wait as I said a reasonable time
    3) then and only then if when FC fail to respond contact the retailer.

It does work. Trust me.

And don't be afraid of FC's T&C's telling you not to do this. If they have breached their own T&C by inter alia not responding to your emails and tickets then you are perfectly entitled to do so. FC hate it yes - but that's because it shows them up to the retailers.

I have had enough of Fatcheese's bad business practices. I contacted the National Consumer Agency. They were very helpful and the lady I spoke to said for a start "Fatcheese are in breech of e-commerce regulations" and she is reporting them to their Enorcement Agency!! :D She will ring me back about following up on my €185 Cashback! (If anyone wants the number for The National Consumer Agency to complain and please private message me!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

4 tickets I submitted back in November / December are currently marked as investigating. They were down as pending last week so there must be at least something happening behind the scenes there.

Edit: When I click into these there is an update for yesterday saying that they have been sent to the merchant for investigation

Yep

and

Source

As for me personally, any time a purchase tracked successfully I was paid (eventually!) .. If it didn't track then I left it at that.

But I definitely wouldn't let the possibility of cashback influence my purchases.

I reported Fatcheese to The National Consumer Agency. The lady I spoke to said that Fatcheese are in breech of e-commerce requirements for not having their postal address on the website!! She is going to report them to their Enforcement Agency" Turns out it's not just me has a problem with their business practices! Apparently their business practices are against the law!! :D

I reported Fatcheese to The National Consumer Agency. The lady I spoke to said that Fatcheese are in breech of e-commerce requirements for not having their postal address on the website!! She is going to report them to their Enforcement Agency" Turns out it's not just me has a problem with their business practices! Apparently their business practices are against the law!! :D

Except they do and always have:

http://www.fatcheese.ie/contact-us/

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Hi,i have that on my account"Claim received on June 19, 2013 - Claims can take several weeks before we're able to get a resolution. We will update your claim ticket with the latest as soon as we hear from the merchant. We appreciate your patience.

Claim update on March 12, 2014 - Your claim is currently being investigated by them. We will have a resolution for the claim by the 31st May at the latest (should be sooner) as per our contractual agreement with them and we will update you as soon as we have heard back from them.

Many thanks for your patience.

Kind regards,"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Requested withdrawl from Fatcheese on March 6th and it arrived in my bank account this morning :)
    Fatcheese Account
    qjke.png

Bank Statement
    3tmp.png

Just got a lovely amount confirmed this evening. I withdrew via Paypal, it says 2 working days to process & 7 days for the e-cheque to clear, so I'll keep you posted on how long it takes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Still waiting for Netflix from November 2012.
    No responses to my tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

snubbleste wrote: »
    Still waiting for Netflix from November 2012.
    No responses to my tickets.

Same here. But in fairness, everything else has come through so this must be unique to Netflix

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

dudara wrote: »
    Same here. But in fairness, everything else has come through so this must be unique to Netflix
    So what do we do?
    If I recall Fatcheese had a cashback guarantee for Netflix back then - this feature appears to have disappeared form the site completely.

Advertisement